Some recent finds from the sales in So. Fl.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted any finds in a while so I figured it's about that time. Some of these were found a few weeks ago and some last week.

I'll start off with a Trifari Tiger brooch I found for $3 at a Thrift store, got a 50.00 bid on it so far-

DSC01167_00.JPG

Next is my glass find for the month, a nice 1920's or 30's piece of Fenton in the Wisteria color. It's a ringed opalescent bowl, I found it's brother in vaseline green a few months ago, this one is more rare and more desirable I believe, got it for $1 at an estate sale. Haven't found any recent sales of this piece yet, don't know what to price it at.

DSC01030_00.JPG

Next is a pair of Stangl Birds of Paradise, paid $3.99 each at a Thrift store, recent ones have sold for around $25 each-

DSC01064.JPG

A nice antique yellow ware rolling pin that I got for $5 at an estate sale, sold for $135.

yellow ware.JPG

A Barolac Joseph Inwald Dragon embossed bowl, $4.99 at a thrift store, sold for $110. I almost kept this piece it was so cool.

DSC00941.JPG

A pair of retro mud flaps for a bicycle made by Hunt Wilde, $2 at an estate sale, sold for $40.

mud flaps.JPG

A Dorothy Kindell head vase purchased at a garage sale for $3, it has some crazing but it should do okay when I sell it.

head vase.jpg

There is a bunch more but these were some of my favorite finds recently.

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that bowl does looks cool, but I like that purple fenton. Congrats on your nice finds and sales!,:thumbsup:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds there. I sent you some information on the bowl.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice purchases. I went out thrifting yesterday but found nothing but ugly teal and pink '80's stuff......hmmmm....I should start buying that, it will be the "next big thing" : )

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies and the added info too bazinga. I figured it wasn't worth too much but I was hoping anyway. Haven't found any really high dollar treasures lately, but the little stuff adds up. I'll be glad when business starts to pick up, next month... hopefully.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies and the added info too bazinga. I figured it wasn't worth too much but I was hoping anyway. Haven't found any really high dollar treasures lately, but the little stuff adds up. I'll be glad when business starts to pick up, next month... hopefully.

Diggumup - excellent finds! That yelloware rolling pin you posted lead me down a two hour rabbit hole researching yelloware. Very interesting area that I didn't know a thing about. I can see that is also very easy to make a mistake. There are hundreds of pieces on etsy, ebay, rubylane etc. that are priced all over the place and look pretty much the same to me. Some sell for 100's and others don't move at $9.99. Going to have to look at pieces in the antique stores to get a handle on it.

Thanks for this post. I'd love to see what other treasures pop up in South Florida.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggumup, you have some really great finds, so enjoy your shopping while it lasts :icon_thumleft:

I think it's either A&E, or the History station will be airing a new show dedicated to this mid season :tongue3:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggumup - excellent finds! That yelloware rolling pin you posted lead me down a two hour rabbit hole researching yelloware. Very interesting area that I didn't know a thing about. I can see that is also very easy to make a mistake. There are hundreds of pieces on etsy, ebay, rubylane etc. that are priced all over the place and look pretty much the same to me. Some sell for 100's and others don't move at $9.99. Going to have to look at pieces in the antique stores to get a handle on it.

Thanks for this post. I'd love to see what other treasures pop up in South Florida.
Yellow ware is not something you run across everyday that's for sure, especially down here. It's supposed to rain this weekend so the sales will be limited but i'll be out looking.

Diggumup, you have some really great finds, so enjoy your shopping while it lasts :icon_thumleft:

I think it's either A&E, or the History station will be airing a new show dedicated to this mid season :tongue3:
I got news for ya Spart, :evil5: there are already 2 new shows that started recently, one on PBS right after The Antiques Roadshow called "Market Warriors" and the other on the History channel called "Picked Off". Neither one of them impress me. Bunch of amateurs.:laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I forgot all about that picked off show :laughing7: I just wanted to ruffle your feathers as there aren't too many posts here to catch my attention. I have to admit that you do have so awesome finds, so keep it up :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I forgot all about that picked off show :laughing7: I just wanted to ruffle your feathers as there aren't too many posts here to catch my attention. I have to admit that you do have so awesome finds, so keep it up :icon_thumleft:
Yeah I know you like to ruffle feathers. :laughing7: It's all good. Thanks for the compliment. :icon_thumright:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried that type of hunting a while back, but didn't have the patience to wade though the junk to find a gem :laughing7:

But after reading reading several success stories here, I think it's time to be a bit more patient :tongue3:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to estate sales, I love digging through cluttered houses looking for the good stuff. The more cluttered the better. Thrift stores and yard sales are pretty easy to "run through" without spending too much time in one location. I don't have patience for many things but this is one exception.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread