What's new

Some relics from a 1700s site

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Some relics from a 1700's site

Did a bit of hunting on Sunday around a 1756 house/tavern site. The grass was long so not the best conditions for hunting. We managed a few relics. A Draped Bust copper, key holder, merc, barber and a few other odds and ends. The spoons appear to be of coin silver. I need to identify the hallmark to get more info on them. The owner is a great guy. He wants to make a small display of items from his farm to show to people. His house is very prominent in town. He really appreciated the history and seemed to like the Draped Bust. I am giving it to him next time I see him. This will be the first piece for his display. I know he will be very happy to have it 8)
 

Attachments

  • DSC05668.webp
    DSC05668.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 569
  • DSC05669.webp
    DSC05669.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC05689.webp
    DSC05689.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC05690.webp
    DSC05690.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC05691.webp
    DSC05691.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC05692.webp
    DSC05692.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC05694.webp
    DSC05694.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC05695.webp
    DSC05695.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 603
Upvote 0
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Awsome finds very nice barber dime, congrats :thumbsup:

Cw
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Nice finds and hunt. Like the Studebaker thingy. Barber is a nice coin too :thumbsup:
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Love the Barber and the token! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Nice finds. excellent barber. Jimbob
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

no date on the large cent?
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Very nice diggs :thumbsup:
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Nice Studebaker Token from my hometown. Congrats...I would love to dig a homestead dated that far back.... :thumbsup: jgas
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Nice finds!!! The Sunoco car series token is from around 1968-69. I recently found one with a Mercer on it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

That Draped Bust looks to be in great shape. Great job, Ed!
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Sniffy said:
no date on the large cent?

No date on the Draped Bust.... the owner is restoring the huge house and barn to the original state as it was in 1756 and wants to display local history for others to see since his house was the home to a General in the Rev war. He is going to raise some head of cattle and some chickens also. We have permission to hunt the field areas as they get hayed. Those areas may produce some more nice finds. He kept hinting about the Draped Bust being fitting right in with the houses history. I can't wait to donate it to him for the display. I am also going to offer up the musket ball, button and Merc for the display. Thanks to all for your replies and good luck 8)
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Ed-NH said:
Sniffy said:
no date on the large cent?

No date on the Draped Bust.... the owner is restoring the huge house and barn to the original state as it was in 1756 and wants to display local history for others to see since his house was the home to a General in the Rev war. He is going to raise some head of cattle and some chickens also. We have permission to hunt the field areas as they get hayed. Those areas may produce some more nice finds. He kept hinting about the Draped Bust being fitting right in with the houses history. I can't wait to donate it to him for the display. I am also going to offer up the musket ball, button and Merc for the display. Thanks to all for your replies and good luck 8)

I bet that guy will really appreciate that draped bust. Very nice of you to donate the items back for the public to see. Good job.
 
Re: Some relics from a 1700's site

Sniffy said:
Ed-NH said:
Sniffy said:
no date on the large cent?

No date on the Draped Bust.... the owner is restoring the huge house and barn to the original state as it was in 1756 and wants to display local history for others to see since his house was the home to a General in the Rev war. He is going to raise some head of cattle and some chickens also. We have permission to hunt the field areas as they get hayed. Those areas may produce some more nice finds. He kept hinting about the Draped Bust being fitting right in with the houses history. I can't wait to donate it to him for the display. I am also going to offer up the musket ball, button and Merc for the display. Thanks to all for your replies and good luck 8)

I bet that guy will really appreciate that draped bust. Very nice of you to donate the items back for the public to see. Good job.



Thank you Sniffy, it is a good feeling to give back sometimes. I am planning on making a small display to donate to the town historical society this year. I have finally found enough pieces that I can donate some and still have enough in my own collection.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom