mojjax Silver Member Joined Feb 27, 2005 Messages 4,564 Reaction score 4,092 Golden Thread 0 Location MAINE Detector(s) used Ace 250 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2009 #1 It's made of brass , the letters are cut-out . C. E. RAMSDEN Any ideas what it went to ? Attachments Picture%20007%20(2).webp 35.8 KB · Views: 249 Picture%20008.webp 50.4 KB · Views: 243 Picture%20010.webp 54.1 KB · Views: 224
roberte94066 Jr. Member Joined Jul 9, 2005 Messages 30 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location san bruno california Detector(s) used tesoro cibola, tesoro sandshark, teknetics t2, minelab sovereign gt, whites 5000/d Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2009 #2 Slide-in nameplate for an apartment mailbox or tenant list on door?? Upvote 0
PBK Gold Member Joined May 25, 2005 Messages 6,381 Reaction score 273 Golden Thread 0 Jan 2, 2009 #3 Looks like a brass stencil, used to mark paper/cardboard, fabric, wood, or leather. These were widely used from the Civil War period through the early 20th century, although I believe some firms may still supply them. Upvote 0
Looks like a brass stencil, used to mark paper/cardboard, fabric, wood, or leather. These were widely used from the Civil War period through the early 20th century, although I believe some firms may still supply them.
T tr snyper Jr. Member Joined Dec 29, 2008 Messages 39 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Jan 2, 2009 #4 I think the last post is correct it's a stencil you can still see traces of the dye or ink used inside the letters and on the reverse Upvote 0
I think the last post is correct it's a stencil you can still see traces of the dye or ink used inside the letters and on the reverse
crazyjarhead Gold Member Joined Sep 10, 2007 Messages 10,318 Reaction score 45 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego County Detector(s) used Ace 250 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 2, 2009 #5 tr snyper said: I think the last post is correct it's a stencil you can still see traces of the dye or ink used inside the letters and on the reverse Click to expand... That's what I was thinking, stencil Upvote 0
tr snyper said: I think the last post is correct it's a stencil you can still see traces of the dye or ink used inside the letters and on the reverse Click to expand... That's what I was thinking, stencil