Some treasure finds do not make the news!

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

Some times treasure finds do not always make the news. Perhaps in some ways a good thing? Better to not be believed than believed as some finds can cause many unwanted hassles?

The following discovery flew under the radar. So the speak,

During renovation of an old house basement which had an old coal bunker which was being demolished the owner discovered a cache of gold Swiss francs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rough calculation about 30 grand. Not a bad haul nothing to sneeze at. The person who made the discovery was very light on details. Yet it was not long before some one tried to put a claim against the owner of the property simply posting a few pictures on a forum.

Since then the story fell silent.....Perhaps better to keep silent.

Crow

Attachments

• koJyMlX.jpeg
    koJyMlX.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 319
  • 1JOt07x.jpeg
    1JOt07x.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 320
  • GWUGC69.jpeg
    GWUGC69.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 314
  • gybu0r1mo9051.jpg
    gybu0r1mo9051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 304

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The coal bin!

A former co worker's Dad used to make his rounds in the morning getting coal furnaces going for people willing to pay him for his troubles.
One family was a regular sabbath visit , as they were supposed to not labor.
The mans recompense for getting the fire going? Through the slightly opened door to the upstairs a handful of....Raisins.

I 've seen coal smoke rise through the floorboards in a childhood home.
When tornado's were close , we'd hide in the vegetable stalls near the coal bin.
Never found any gold though... Didn't look!
The house I burned wood in I used the coal bin for wood. Cement floored.
Did remove the skirting of the converted coal burner to find a single cent. And not an old one.
Peeked in the cistern to find it clean. As a cistern should be.
Found a nice old hunting knife in a cold air return in that hundred plus (at the time) year old home too.

In this house an old baseball card was inside the furnace housing. Had to look it up to be sure it wasn't worth a million dollars.
Alas , more like $3.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was probably 20 times that amount. I have come to the conclusion that it is best to resist the temptation to share in a case like this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Ryano

Its my pleasure amigo its one of many such cases I know of. Many will for one reason or another will never see the light of day.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread