What's new

✅ SOLVED SOME TYPE OF A BUCKLE?

drewdiggs

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
31
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cleaned it up really well,..but all I could get was a date.

2018-16-08-21-25-18.webp
 
Suspender buckle?
 
Upvote 0
How about a buckle for ice skates
 
Upvote 0
Spenders to keep em up around the farmers fenders
 
Upvote 0
It is a garment clasp, originally patented by Byron G. Clark.. Clark Manufacturing Company located in Boston .. in 1899. It was renewed again with revisions in 1902. It may have been reissued in 1907 as well.
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1.webp
    Untitled-1.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I meant to say clasp,..but I couldn't think of that word at the time,..It won't let me edit the title,..I believe it is a garment clasp..back then they didn't have the elastics that we have today.
 
Upvote 0
Nice clasp! When I first started metal detecting I found a very similar nickel or silver plated one, with "Pat Aug 1 1899" written on it, the same exact patent as the one posted above. I remember reading that it was for garters or stockings when I did research about it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
436
Replies
8
Views
790

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom