What's new

some you win....and some you lose

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Tough days out on the detecting trail lately with not much results in the pouch at the end of it all. My big win of the day was a 14k signet ring with AL inscribed, the loss was the silver coin I dug earlier in the adjoining field, oh well at least I can say that I'm keeping the activity alive by seeding the soybean field we(IP and myself) were in with silver coins.

Another win included a couple of early military buttons, an early navy cuff ;and a first for me, a RSLA (flat variety) , I found several of the dome type before, and they're always welcome in my collection. The loss, sadly the site petered out really quickly and I was hoping for a decent site in light of our dissappointing trip resulting in very few finds.

But, as things go we scouted some good looking fields and checked the status of some others we're waiting on. The silver 25 cents and the 1811 token just rounded out the finds for our trip, next time we hope to have some better results and hopefully a new site or two.
 

Attachments

  • 2b.webp
    2b.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 611
  • al.webp
    al.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 588
  • rslaf.webp
    rslaf.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0
nice ring :icon_thumleft: would like to find one like it myself.. only have found 3 plated ones
 
Sweet gold! I've got the same navy button! :icon_thumleft:
 
sweet hunt!!! MR TUFF
 
Great looking Ring and I really like the old coins. Looks like a nice day of hunting to me.

HH, Ringfinder
 
That navy button and ring would be welcome any day for me! :icon_thumright:
 
that hunt would've made my year for sure...the only old gold I've ever found was that gold cuff link...but rings with initials in it are 10 times sweeter...save some for me...
 
The Navy came out nice and it sucks the Artillery isn't as good. Too bad we can't switch condition considering how few flat ones we find.

That's quite a variety, and would have been more impressive had you posted the "pile" but the gold puts it over the edge anyway. What's your gold count? I have been stuck at 3 for about 6 years.
 
Iron Patch said:
The Navy came out nice and it sucks the Artillery isn't as good. Too bad we can't switch condition considering how few flat ones we find.

That's quite a variety, and would have been more impressive had you posted the "pile" but the gold puts it over the edge anyway. What's your gold count? I have been stuck at 3 for about 6 years.

my pile would not have been impressive at all, remember I don't post my garbage although I did have a dozen or so buttons with a couple desined ones, just the keepers made the cut this time

let's see, one gold this year so far, last year one, and for the previous dozen or so years four!...even though last year I broke out and scored gold for the first time in about six or seven years, it's been pouring out for me at this rate!! :laughing7:
 
ironhorse said:
Iron Patch said:
The Navy came out nice and it sucks the Artillery isn't as good. Too bad we can't switch condition considering how few flat ones we find.

That's quite a variety, and would have been more impressive had you posted the "pile" but the gold puts it over the edge anyway. What's your gold count? I have been stuck at 3 for about 6 years.

my pile would not have been impressive at all, remember I don't post my garbage although I did have a dozen or so buttons with a couple desined ones, just the keepers made the cut this time

let's see, one gold this year so far, last year one, and for the previous dozen or so years four!...even though last year I broke out and scored gold for the first time in about six or seven years, it's been pouring out for me at this rate!! :laughing7:


Goldhorse?

























Not a chance! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom