Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I went out with Foxhound yesterday--since the record temperature in KY was 72 degrees--I had to get out and dig some holes in the ground. We went to an old house site that has produced over a hundred flat buttons as well as some 1700's coins in the past. After crossing two creeks and walking through the woods, we made it to the cornfield. I managed to get three buttons, and two of them were great ones. I got two CW-era Eagle Buttons. Both bear a Scovill backmark, but I can't tell exactly which Scovill backmark it is. It is a possibility that these buttons are pre-war. The first one I found was smashed and decked by a plow:

Eagle1.jpg

Eagle1 Back.jpg

The second one I found was a real beauty. I spent a good bit of time cleaning it gently with a toothpick. One of the nicest I have found:

Eagle.jpg

Eagle Back.jpg

And a photo of all of my finds. The odd item at the top is a glass disc found in one of my dig holes. It has a dimple in the underside, and looks like it had red paint on it at one time. I don't think it was the top of a glass stopper, because the glass is not broken or damaged at the dimple in any way. Any ideas are much appreciated. This site didn't see much use after about 1860. The newest coin found at the site was an 1870's Indian Head (probably a farmer's loss in light of the fact that all other coins found at the site were dated in the 1700's):

Buttons All.jpg

Regards,

Buckleboy

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This site didn't see much use after about 1860. The newest coin found at the site was an 1870's Indian Head (probably a farmer's loss in light of the fact that all other coins found at the site were dated in the 1700's):"

Sounds like a great site to MD at BB.
Congrats on the buttons. The eagle button if fantastic!
Great job.
-MM-

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool button 8)

HH
-GC

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds....the glass one is a button also....probally lost its fastener off the back....glass buttons on children and ladies clothing were very popular

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
cool buttons amigo !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
from what i understand zest can not be found though,, you either have it or you don't... i've done some reasearch on the subject, hoping to gain zest myself..

unzesty green1..... ;D

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Awesome finds once again, Bucktoes! :D I pity the students who have to take the BuckleBoy final exam. :o :D Keep searching, buddy.

BDD...Kirk

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Buckles!! Those are some incredibly zesty finds. Congratulations on finally reaching that pinnacle! 8)

Glad you're still getting out there....we're having a doozy of a snowstorm today...schools are cancelled. My diggin' year looks like it over. :-\

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buttons and 72 degrees to boot!! LUCKY!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I also see the Waterbury name on the second button ... so that one is 1850 - 1865... hard to see what the first one says...

Again Will... nice buttons... :) Man it's cool finding more than one of them huh?

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Mona Angel-Pants said:
Buckles!! Those are some incredibly zesty finds. Congratulations on finally reaching that pinnacle! 8)

Glad you're still getting out there....we're having a doozy of a snowstorm today...schools are cancelled. My diggin' year looks like it over. :-\

Did your year even begin? :D :o I don't see no finds. :P :D Gotcha ya, Mona! :D

BDD...Kirk

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Great button finds, Twinkle Toes, I mean BB! ;D

Looks like you and me have the only good weather in the country!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting