What's new

Someone actually seeded my beach with fake treasure. Really cruel.

deldave

Full Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
166
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
0
Location
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing i have longed for. Winter, summer,rain, snow, countless hours searching and this is what it comes to. I found the "old" looking one first and prayed that it could possibly be real. After another 2 hrs. I found the nice shiny one and knew the horrible truth. People are cruel.
 

Attachments

  • cruel.webp
    cruel.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 18
That's horrible and I thought the Bas**** with the pull tabs were bad...the new pull tabs...THaT YOU DONT PULL OfF tHe can!!!
 
Possible they were left over from a seeded group hunt put on by a treasure hunting club. You find the replica coins and exchange them for real prizes.
 
Yeap happens a lot.
 
The zincs once in the ground start reading as trash pretty quick.
Pay close attention your detector it will clue you in on what's down there before you dig, so your BP doesn't spike so high.
The fake silver Cobb should not have a high silver reading like the real deal would.
But a little excitement is a good thing.
I once had a guy throwing pennies on the beach, I told him not to be so cheap! Throw hundred dollar bills! He laughter and left.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom