What's new

Someone actually seeded my beach with fake treasure. Really cruel.

deldave

Full Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
166
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
0
Location
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing i have longed for. Winter, summer,rain, snow, countless hours searching and this is what it comes to. I found the "old" looking one first and prayed that it could possibly be real. After another 2 hrs. I found the nice shiny one and knew the horrible truth. People are cruel.
 

Attachments

  • cruel.webp
    cruel.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 18
I'm sure the beach will produce. Your hours will be worth it!

aj
 
Oh man what a heart stopper :BangHead:
 
Man I hate when that happens. I was hunting an old site in town. Hit it a couple times for a few hours. The third time I went back, the neighbor must have emptied his penny jar. I pulled over $5 in pennies and 2 clad dimes form the surface. I was going to knock on his door to thank him for the practice and free money, but I really need more practice finding silver and gold, but that's not me. The positive his action did was to have me go back over an area I hunted the day before. I stuck my coil under an older pine tree to see if he had tossed money in that area, I ended up pulling my 2nd ever IHP. :thumbsup:
 
And these are some the same people breathing our clean air!!! not cool....:censored:
 
My coworkers made it rain with zincolns in the empty lot next to my shop:BangHead:
 
Yep, happens to me all the time,, people tossing coins my way to see if I'll find them.
I'm just hoping that they lose a ring while they are tossing the coins,, lol
 
I laugh when this happens to me....I give them a show and jump up & down and really act like it is true treasure !!! LOL I sure act like the part of a "Mad Detectorist"........If that's what gives them jollies, then I really give them jollies !
 
Yep i too have friends that think throwing coins on the ground where I work is funny. Not so funny when I keep what they throw and still find some oldies.:laughing7:
 
See if you are still so nice when they throw BB's at the beach. The detector hits on them, but they fall right through your scoop. So, you keep digging, but never find anything in that spot.

Mike
 
Ohhhh dude that's painful!
 
Funny that I found two of the exact same replicas on the beach of Jekyell Island a few weeks ago. The coins were crusty, but after a few tense looks, they were too uniform to be old. The coins were in the right spot, just the wrong age. :BangHead:
 
HEY DAVE THAT REALE YOU HAVE WILL IT BEND REAL EASY LIKE LEAD . I HAVE A SIMILAR COIN WITH THE PILLARS AND AT THE MOMENT KINDA WONDERING WHAT I HAVE . FOUND MINE LONG TIME AGO IN THE LATE 70S WALKING ALONG CREEK BANK .
 
I found out that they sell these at the Sea Shell City in Fenwick Island
 
Check my post to Whadifinds "Ever have an embarrassing moment in this hobby". It's great revenge!
 
See if you are still so nice when they throw BB's at the beach. The detector hits on them, but they fall right through your scoop. So, you keep digging, but never find anything in that spot.

Mike
That ain't right:BangHead:
 
Will you she'd them to come seed the beaches I hunt? Those finds would be fantastic over the crusty zincolns I find lately.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom