What's new

Someones collection

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone's collection

In my area the boxes are usually not exciting because there was a "mojo" type CRHer doing 20 boxes per week a few years back. The silver has been dried up by this guy! Also the banks in my area have no coin counters so most "rolls of silver" are intercepted by tellers leaving only coinstar machines working for us. Super dream box is not going to happen in my area. Most of the pitiful silvers are from coinstar machines.

But today I got an exciting box! After the first few rolls, I found a 69s, then a 70s, then a 2005s silver, and 70d! Definitely someone's collection! The anticipation is so high while going through the box because next roll may have a proof inside. So in the end, I got:

1x1964 proof :icon_sunny:
4x1969s proof
2x1970s proof
1x1970d :icon_sunny:
3x1971s proof
4x1972s proof
1x2000s clad proof
1x2005s silver proof
1x2006s silver proof
plus 6x40%ers, one of them belongs to the collection because one side has haze the other side is bu.

I doubt that I can find the rest of the collection. Too many CRHers in my area ordering boxes. :(
(That's why I don't vote any CRH posting as banner even they are definitely worthy)

I also find a 1979s type II in another box, which I have been thinking about buying from ebay. This is a proof day!

P8011496.webp

1964 proof
P8011498.webp

1969s (3 has cameos)
P8011499.webp
1970s
P8011501.webp

1970d
P8011510.webp

1971-2s
P8011503.webp

2005-06s silver
P8011504.webp

1979s type II
P8021525.webp

Thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Someone's collection

hey, i do 20 boxes a week :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:nice finds :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Someone's collection

silvercop said:
hey, i do 20 boxes a week :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:nice finds :icon_thumright:

LOL, you didn't start 4 years ago when this forum was started. I think he is retired or moved away.
 
Re: Someone's collection

Hey Yinzi

Mighty fine group of proofs you got there. Those silver proofs are very hard to come by.

As well as a 1970D

I have yet to score a 1964 proof. Even though I search like a " "mojo" type CRHer " :dontknow: ........ Hey wait....... That's me :icon_scratch:

Thanks for the mention.... I think.

Mojo
 
Re: Someone's collection

Congrats on the box Yinzi...especially those 70's. Those babies are rare as is the silver proofs. Nice!!
 
Re: Someone's collection

WOW! Nice work. A 64 proof, two 70s and 70d.
It takes years to find all of these and you did it in one
day. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Someone's collection

Congrats on all of the proofs and silvers, I am still looking for any 1970 no matter the mint!
 
Re: Someone's collection

coinmojo said:
Hey Yinzi

Mighty fine group of proofs you got there. Those silver proofs are very hard to come by.

As well as a 1970D

I have yet to score a 1964 proof. Even though I search like a " "mojo" type CRHer " :dontknow: ........ Hey wait....... That's me :icon_scratch:

Thanks for the mention.... I think.

Mojo
You bet it's a compliment to be mentioned. Twenty boxes a week takes a lot of "mojo". That is 500 lbs from the bank to your car, then your car to your kitch table; then kitch table to your car; your car to the coin counter machine; last but not the least, not making the tellers at your dump bank mad at you; All take a lot of "mojo". :notworthy: :notworthy:

This is no way that I can do $10K a week because the tellers at my dump bank are going to kill me!

Thanks all other members for replying. I hope you find some 70s this year!
 
Re: Someone's collection

Super Congrats on all the silver proofs and the 70s.

The CAMEO LOOK ESTRAORDINARY

I ENVY YOU

DW
 
Re: Someone's collection

Thanks Yinzi.

It's not appreciated around my house sometimes and others think it's a little obsessive. But I do got the mojo.... And a whole lot of silver.........

Mojo
 
Re: Someone's collection

sweet!! Don't you just love when that happens! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Someone's collection

You can't beat modern silver!
Congrats!
 
Re: Someone's collection

Ju8vP3t said:
Nice,Nice and Nice... :thumbsup: I've yet to find a proof '64, I'm in the "70" Clubb though :hello2:

Thanks!

I always like your taste of women (avatar). I wonder which one you are going to switch to next.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom