✅ SOLVED Something from a boat? Found at the beach.

CrackerJackSon

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2024
New York
Detector(s) used
Sovereign, Explorer, EQX 800, Manticore
Hi all-

I found the pictured object at a bay beach on Long Island. It reminds me of a screw anchor that would get nailed into a wall and then firmly grip the screw as it is nailed in, only on a larger scale. The opening is about 3/4 inch narrowing down to less than half an inch at the bottom. I got the sense that this might nail into wood and secure something on a boat, but I'm just guessing, as I'm not that familiar with boats. Any help identifying this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Object1.jpg
    Object1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • Object1b.jpg
    Object1b.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 27
  • Object1c.jpg
    Object1c.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a bit like those little things that hold flowers, but I see no hole for a pin or other attachment. Forget their name. What does the inside look like?

Upvote 2
OP
OP
CrackerJackSon

CrackerJackSon

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2024
New York
Detector(s) used
Sovereign, Explorer, EQX 800, Manticore
Looks a bit like those little things that hold flowers, but I see no hole for a pin or other attachment. Forget their name. What does the inside look like?
Thank you for your thoughts on this. Unfortunately, the inside does not seem to have any more clues or noteworthy features. I thought at first there might be threading, but after doing some more cleaning it seems to be a smooth surface, hollow all the way through to the tip.

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for your thoughts on this. Unfortunately, the inside does not seem to have any more clues or noteworthy features. I thought at first there might be threading, but after doing some more cleaning it seems to be a smooth surface, hollow all the way through to the tip.
It looks like a flute off an Epergne
This just an example of what it possibly would of looked like.
Screen Shot 2024-05-19 at 8.45.40 AM.png

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread