What's new

Something from field. Medieval?

Aquila

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
801
Reaction score
185
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Found this from field today. I think this might be old but I have no idea what it is. Maybe some kind of buckle? Any experts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0150.webp
    IMG_0150.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0151.webp
    IMG_0151.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0152.webp
    IMG_0152.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 528
Interesting find Aquila. I thought someone would have chipped in before now :icon_scratch:

A couple of my WAG's - it reminds me of a handle off a tile or glass cutter wheel - or the rowel holder on a spur :dontknow:

Is there a pin evident that might have run through the split at either end?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Having just had a closer look, it appears to be an object - a wheel ? - centred in each end; it needs a better wash with water.

Get Back Aquila ;D :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
intimer said:
that's cool trikikiwi.
could have been for marking cloth. before cutting? nah! :coffee2:

Aha! Great idea! cloth or maybe a leather working tool.
 
Upvote 0
the part of a shoe or belt buckle the goes into the hole/notch in the leather?
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
do we know what its made of?
Brady
Well I dont know what this is made of :). But it might be leather tool or part of an old buckle.
 
Upvote 0
I have something very similar that I always wondered about also. I assumed mine to be part of a spur but it is on the small side to be considered one. Mine has alot more to it and maybe we can figure it out. I'll see if I can get a photo up later....
 
Upvote 0
scratcher said:
I have something very similar that I always wondered about also. I assumed mine to be part of a spur but it is on the small side to be considered one. Mine has alot more to it and maybe we can figure it out. I'll see if I can get a photo up later....

After finding mine I realize it is a little different. Here it is:
 

Attachments

  • no 001.webp
    no 001.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
scratcher, that sure looks like a spur. I can't really judge the size - could it have been a child's spur?
Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
scratcher, that sure looks like a spur. I can't really judge the size - could it have been a child's spur?
Mike

It's possible for sure. What is strange is how it tapers out towards where it would be attached. It is pretty thin. How would this have been attached?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom