Something is going on with Fisher and the Gold Bug II

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Fisher Gold Bug II, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you were thinking of ever getting a Gold Bug II, you might want to act on that quickly or you might be too late. Several years ago I read the review of the GBII by Steve Herschbach on his internet site, and he said that the design of the GBII has aspects that are getting harder to source. In his opinion, the GBII might be discontinued at some point, or (in my opinion) it might be redesigned to be software-based and to have fewer analog aspects.

I've noticed a price drop on the GBII at some retailers. You can get the updated version (with the screen) with the 6.5" and the 10" coils and a prospecting bundle for $554. You can get the detector, with one coil and the bundle for $477. Or just the GBII with one coil for $442. Some retailers are still selling it for the regular price of $799 for the detector and one coil.

Get it if you can, every electronic prospector should have one in the arsenal. If you message me I'll tell you where I got mine and where I've seen it for these prices. Just to get it out there, I'm not compensated by any dealer for this. I'm just a guy that likes to have a lot of detectors and I'll always jump at a good price.

Upvote 5
If you were thinking of ever getting a Gold Bug II, you might want to act on that quickly or you might be too late. Several years ago I read the review of the GBII by Steve Herschbach on his internet site, and he said that the design of the GBII has aspects that are getting harder to source. In his opinion, the GBII might be discontinued at some point, or (in my opinion) it might be redesigned to be software-based and to have fewer analog aspects.

I've noticed a price drop on the GBII at some retailers. You can get the updated version (with the screen) with the 6.5" and the 10" coils and a prospecting bundle for $554. You can get the detector, with one coil and the bundle for $477. Or just the GBII with one coil for $442. Some retailers are still selling it for the regular price of $799 for the detector and one coil.

Get it if you can, every electronic prospector should have one in the arsenal. If you message me I'll tell you where I got mine and where I've seen it for these prices. Just to get it out there, I'm not compensated by any dealer for this. I'm just a guy that likes to have a lot of detectors and I'll always jump at a good price.
Hi. Is it possible they are getting ready to release the gold pulse machine they have been working on that is supposed to be super sensitive hence the price drop and perhaps discontinuation of that Bug?
Just a thought. Iv been waiting to see the PI for a few yrs now.

Hi. Is it possible they are getting ready to release the gold pulse machine they have been working on that is supposed to be super sensitive hence the price drop and perhaps discontinuation of that Bug?
Just a thought. Iv been waiting to see the PI for a few yrs now.
I've been hearing about the Gold Pulse possibility for years. It would be nice to have more choice in the gold prospecting PI market.

I've been hearing about the Gold Pulse possibility for years. It would be nice to have more choice in the gold prospecting PI market.
I agree. I recently got the Algo Force E1500 which is a decent price. My use though has been limited to a few test trials as I waited for my back to recover, has now, and now waiting on a coil thats being made to suit it. An existing coil thats getting tweaked by the manufacturer for the Algo. Next week, i was told yesterday, I should have one.
But yeah the price of others has been ridiculous with the price of the latest Minelabs outrageous. I remember when the first Minelab PI was released, the SD2000. At first it cost around $2500 AUD. But when Minelab (Minegreed) realised how popular it was and how fast it was selling within just a couple of months they increased the price to around $4800 AUD. For no other reason than dollar signs in their eyes.
More reasonably priced detectors would be great to see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back