What's new

Sometimes life can just be downright wrong! LOL

BornOnFire

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
77
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sahuarita, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II DP; Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Well,
Here I am, the proverbial noob deciding to upgrade from his $100 Bounty Hunter to a brand new $650.00 Fisher Gold Bug DP. an. that's some hard earned money and I may never pay that sucker off with findings but that's the risk we all take and i have accepted it because I am of of those who believe that the thrill is not so much in the actual find. (I know some of you will understand me.) Sadly, I haven't really had a chance to take it out and use it because it was received damaged. Not un-usable damage but it's something I'd better get fixed now rather than later or I will be dealing with a pain in my -you know what!

Now, I have contacted the "dealer" already and explained my issue. I'm not naming names of who the dealer is here because I don't believe in slamming folks without giving them due diligence to get the problem fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Well, That reasonable amount of time is ticking away pretty fast here. Been since September since I received the item. So, I contacted the dealer and was told to contact the manufacturer to see what they would do. Well, since, it's "My" problem now, I did call Fischer and talked to a nice lady who had such concern in her voice. I described the problem and also complained about the packaging of the product because, frankly, it sucks. The dealer threw a pick and a p[air of earphones in the box prior to shipment. No "popcorn, newspaper, anything. Then, the item was sent to me UPS. (That was the deathblow). UPS handles packages like horribly. I have had so many issues with them I can't even begin......I even asked the dealer if there was any chance that I could pay extra and get it shipped USPS. Apparently, that was not possible for me, all Packages are handled by UPS. I had a bad feeling about this.
Anyway, the the candy voiced receptionist at Fisher told me that she would have a new foam hand grip sent to me immediately and that she was sorry for the inconvenience, At this point, I was very satisfied and thought that ,"Hey S#!+ Happens, Right?" Get over it, your new $650.00 Detector will be good as new with that big ol' scratch covered by that brand new foam grip that the candy-voiced lady from Fisher promised you. That was Sept 5th folks....quite a while, if you ask me. So, tomorrow, I reckon, I'll get back on the phone to Fisher and call them out on their promise and see where that gets me. It just sucks that these machines are priced so high yet they are packaged about as well as a $25.00 toy on Amazon. Makes you wonder what the mark-up on these baby's are. I mean, If I bought a $650.00 guitar, it would probably come in a steel case and with plenty of Pop-Corn! I have included pics of the damaged detector and the damaged box by UPS for your enjoyment. (I mean, What the heck are these dudes at UPS doing? Can they not see the pic on the box? It's a delicate electronic instrument, morons!) ***Shakes head sadly at the sad state of affairs***
 

Attachments

  • Gold Bug II 5.webp
    Gold Bug II 5.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Gold Bug II 4.webp
    Gold Bug II 4.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Gold Bug II 3.webp
    Gold Bug II 3.webp
    80 KB · Views: 389
  • Gold Bug II 2.webp
    Gold Bug II 2.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_6420.webp
    IMG_6420.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_6423.webp
    IMG_6423.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 382
Bummer.... but a quick fix like you said.... hopefully you will have the grip soon.

I had a UPS driver tell me once "You can give us a steel ball and we'll tear it up."
 
Lakemonster said:
Bummer.... but a quick fix like you said.... hopefully you will have the grip soon.

I had a UPS driver tell me once "You can give us a steel ball and we'll tear it up."

That is no joke. They must have a screening system for new employees that tests to see how long it takes them to completely destroy a parcel while getting from point A to point B in a certain allotment of time.....oh and they can sit and spend the night for several nights at a location nearby before the finally arrive at the destination. There's a reason that they call themselves "Brown". What can Brown do for you?" "Piss off" is my initial response. I don't care what anyone "claims", The good ol' USPS Priority Mail is still the best service out there.
 
No insurance on a shipment of that value ?

Best to check with UPS to see if the shipper filed a claim (don't need them getting paid TWICE for your damaged product)

I shipped with Universal Package Smashers when I first started my business. The cartons I use are made from double-walled corrugated that is what they call ECT-82. The stuff is almost as tough as 1/4" plywood. They managed to demolish several a year. These are 50+ lb boxes about 1/2 the size of a diswasher. One came back with tire tracks.............

I switched to Fedex Ground / Home Delivery and have not had one single damaged package or product in 7 years !

Diggem'
 
You know, I have to say That Fed Ex is a good service as well. They will sometimes actually deliver your parcel earlier than the tracking date estimates. That's one thing that "Brown" will always do. They will NEVER deliver a parcel early. I live in AZ and my parcel will sit in the "PHX receiving" status for three days before they send it down to Tucson. Fed EX will at least deliver the parcel in a reasonable time and in decent shape.
:tongue3: What can "Brown" do for you? :tongue3:
 
BornOnFire said:
Well,
Here I am, the proverbial noob deciding to upgrade from his $100 Bounty Hunter to a brand new $650.00 Fisher Gold Bug DP. an. that's some hard earned money and I may never pay that sucker off with findings but that's the risk we all take and i have accepted it because I am of of those who believe that the thrill is not so much in the actual find. (I know some of you will understand me.) Sadly, I haven't really had a chance to take it out and use it because it was received damaged. Not un-usable damage but it's something I'd better get fixed now rather than later or I will be dealing with a pain in my -you know what!

Now, I have contacted the "dealer" already and explained my issue. I'm not naming names of who the dealer is here because I don't believe in slamming folks without giving them due diligence to get the problem fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Well, That reasonable amount of time is ticking away pretty fast here. Been since September since I received the item. So, I contacted the dealer and was told to contact the manufacturer to see what they would do. Well, since, it's "My" problem now, I did call Fischer and talked to a nice lady who had such concern in her voice. I described the problem and also complained about the packaging of the product because, frankly, it sucks. The dealer threw a pick and a p[air of earphones in the box prior to shipment. No "popcorn, newspaper, anything. Then, the item was sent to me UPS. (That was the deathblow). UPS handles packages like horribly. I have had so many issues with them I can't even begin......I even asked the dealer if there was any chance that I could pay extra and get it shipped USPS. Apparently, that was not possible for me, all Packages are handled by UPS. I had a bad feeling about this.
Anyway, the the candy voiced receptionist at Fisher told me that she would have a new foam hand grip sent to me immediately and that she was sorry for the inconvenience, At this point, I was very satisfied and thought that ,"Hey S#!+ Happens, Right?" Get over it, your new $650.00 Detector will be good as new with that big ol' scratch covered by that brand new foam grip that the candy-voiced lady from Fisher promised you. That was Sept 5th folks....quite a while, if you ask me. So, tomorrow, I reckon, I'll get back on the phone to Fisher and call them out on their promise and see where that gets me. It just sucks that these machines are priced so high yet they are packaged about as well as a $25.00 toy on Amazon. Makes you wonder what the mark-up on these baby's are. I mean, If I bought a $650.00 guitar, it would probably come in a steel case and with plenty of Pop-Corn! I have included pics of the damaged detector and the damaged box by UPS for your enjoyment. (I mean, What the heck are these dudes at UPS doing? Can they not see the pic on the box? It's a delicate electronic instrument, morons!) ***Shakes head sadly at the sad state of affairs***


It's more than likely a shipping problem, UPS is responsible for up to a certain amount. It appears they were checking it to see if it was a weapon or something.

But in any case, don't slam the dealer at all. If it's a shipping problem, then you gave the innocent dealer a bad reputation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom