Sometimes Research is more fun

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
I love old books an i love maps with those 2 passions is a wealth of information.

76533451-M.jpg

Wow thats alot of union soldiers

76533427-M.jpg

i read later in 1890 it became a park aptly named confederate park :)

though i dont have any old topos of that year i can show what i like to do with some towns

76533288-L.jpg

This is belton texas about 40 miles north of me

76533352-L.jpg

Once i get everything right in the line up it takes shape as a 1888 town

76533321-L.jpg

then i can fade it in an out an zoom to see all

I use a registered copy of google earth pro old topo scans firemaps an anything else i can get into my terra drive

Upvote 0
"Re: Sometimes Research is more fun"

Yes it can be more fun Jason.

Looks like some Awsome tools there.

I wish I could do that here.

All we need yet is Satellite photos from the 1750's,
with real time imaging ;)

hey how do you do that..explain for the puter retards(like me) K.I.S.S.beside the obvious stated...

cool deal...so you are taking the old sanborn maps and putting them over the topos from today? looks like its working and I love it.

its the morph part that has me stumped..i asked a few people about that before and they were like "oh no you need special software that cost huge bucks",i knew a guy that did it for me but lost touch with him he didnt use ne crazy software and i asked him about it...

I'm wondering how exactly you go about making one image transparent so you can see through it when you overlay it on the other.

BTW - for screen shots, just use print screen - that captures whatever is on your monitor to the clipboard. (used w/ alt key cap's just the active window)

Diggem'

is there an echo in here... ::) ;D

No expensive software needed actually google earth is a free download any nice jpg editor usally is all you need.

http://www.keyhole.com/GoogleEarthHelp/Overlays/Using_Image_Overlays.htm

Great Tutorials on creating map overlays in google earth if you get frustrated send me a message on what your stuck on i probably can help. Make sure to look over all topics in this link.

That cool stuff your doing there.
It's got me thinking of trying that.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back