Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday, April 1st. Yep,, I should have known. No matter how many times I listened to the weather man,, I heard, Showers until mid night with a chance of lightning. Gray, overcast with rain on and off. Depressing. Especially after having a 6 silver hunt the day before.
After getting a few chores done around the house, I decided to take a nap. Naps are good. Right around 2 P.M., I get up, brush my face, and then I notice, that big red thing in the sky is shining brightly. A break in the weather. I break for the bike. I figured even with the Friday Get Away Traffic, I should be able to get to my spot and hunt for 2 or 3 hours.
After an hour of swaying the coil,, guess what?? The skies got dark and it started to rain. There was lightning and thunder. Yep, old Mother Nature was saying Aprils Fools!!!
Well the CTX is submersible to 10 feet and I just threw up the hood on my sweat shirt and decided to press on. I'm glad I did. I got plenty of clad considering I only hunted for 3 hours. I also managed a sweet 1923 Mercury dime that wasn't in circulation too long before it was dropped. One target that got my attention was the Cordoba Medallion. It came in like a silver dollar. Maybe this year will be the year I finally get a silver dollar.
IMG_3487.JPG IMG_3485.JPG IMG_3486.JPG

Upvote 8

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just being wet doesn't stop the silver in the ground. Congrats on some great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread