What's new

Songbirds Are Back

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,197
Reaction score
33,138
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By May 1st, most all of our summer songbirds have returned. This male oriole showed up yesterday right on time. They love cheap grape jelly. I get my jelly from Dollar General. Imported from Egypt but it’s made with real sugar and they love it. Others migratory birds that have just showed up are:
Brown Thrashers
Catbirds
Mockingbirds
White crowned sparrows
Chipping sparrows
Meadowlarks
Tree Swallows
Grosbeaks
IMG_3378.webp
 
Yep. I love this time of year. We've been awash in grosbeaks this week, and there was an orchard oriole here yesterday (first time I'd seen one at the feeders).

text.webp
 
Yep. I love this time of year. We've been awash in grosbeaks this week, and there was an orchard oriole here yesterday (first time I'd seen one at the feeders).

View attachment 2252235
We have orchard orioles every few years but I haven’t seen one yet. Males are dark reddish and black. That’s a female in your pic for sure. Is that a pic from a feeder that has a camera built in?
 
We have orchard orioles every few years but I haven’t seen one yet. Males are dark reddish and black. That’s a female in your pic for sure. Is that a pic from a feeder that has a camera built in?
Yes. It's a "Birdfy" brand but there are others. It does a great job, I just have to remember to clean the lenses now and then or it gets blurry (like now, actually).

Here's a couple more from this morning.

IMG_5738.webp


IMG_5737.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom