sorry guys i been away and not postin, tryin to get it back :(

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
ive been goin through a seperation/divorce for the last 2 months, i havent been able to go out, i cant just look at the ground, its too peacefull and i just cant stand it, i start thinking of all kinds of crap.............. im getting better i think where i will be able to go out again............ hopefully:( every time i think and promise my walkin partner we will go out again, i just cant, i love seein what u all are still finding, it kinda gets me in the spirit, but it still dont do it. ill pull my stuff out and smile, but i still cant get out there ard look, its too much 4 me right now.............. sorry again guys, one day, one day

Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

You'll get through it, as many of us have. It's not easy, but it will get better eventually.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually chong the best thing for you right now is to get out with your buddies and not be alone. I know it's tough and you may still have feelings, but being alone and thinking about isn't good. Maybe a good hunt with your buddy is just what you need. Keep your head up and I hope things get better for you. I've been through that same thing and even though you may think it will never get better, it will over time.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
a little time will help, I promise
this happened to me 20 years ago
you are already through the worst of it
you are now even posting
soon you will be out walking, I promise it will be very soon
take a friend with you when you go walking

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there chong,
i went through the same thing 5 years ago.its not easy but it does get better,you just have to keep your mind off of it,id hunt if i was you seems as if you really love it so go out there and find me something to see,ive been looking and have not seen much of anything round here.take your time with the new door that has opened for youendless possibilities waiting for you jamey

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there, Chong

Worked for six and a half years in the sceptic tank of the state juvenile system (ages 16-18). Pretty stressful job, to say the least. Getting out there in nature and walking the fields for hours at a time with artifacts to focus on kept a lot of troubles from getting out of hand. Used to come back reminded how big nature is and how small we are. It was a sanity saver & spirit restorer. Hope it is for you, too :icon_thumleft:

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
chong2
How much of your relic hunting was a part of this separation, or blamed on the separation?

I know most will not like me asking. Hit some to close to home. Separation is never an easy thing.

LaKASkill

Jun 2, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey man, maybe getting out there is what you need..... I mean, it will give you a chance to talk to yourself and get things off ur chest. When ur done, leave it in the woods. Easier said then done, I'm sure. It might be more therapeutic then you think though. Retarded reply, but, its my 2- Cents.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
hi chong i am sorry you are going thru this. I am too, & it is crushing isn't it. My world just kinda crumbled. It's been a yr, & it's not final yet! for months I isolated myself, & still am more hermit than not. but I have to tell ya being outside has helped me cope. I live in the country & there are plenty of places w/ no humans & that's where I tend to go. Just listening to the wind, or the river or the birds, frogs, & even the frickin alarm bird that wakes me at 3:30 AM it all helps me to think of what is good. I am very good at sittin on my couch & brooding, but it sure doesn't help me move on with my life. I still do it, but not as often. I am starting to venture out to spend time w/ friends. small steps, but at least they're steps in the right direction. If you need someone to talk to, just send a pm. I will not judge, I won't give advice if you don't want it. I will just listen. & try to comfort you in this rough time. Life isn't over. you will be ok even tho it doesn't feel like it now. my thoughts are with you. Mamabear

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we all have sure missed you on here. It gets easier in time. I know everyone says that but its true. I had a bad break up and took me a long time. One thing I do know is that I had the best most successful hunting season of my life afterwards. Its like it all clicked and that is where I was supposed to be. I did not have to rush or worry about being home I just took it nice and slow. Surround yourself with people that you care about and when you feel like it you will hunt again.There is many more important things in life that artifacts. Give us a shout and give us that thumbs up every now and then.

Take care Chong2
TnMountains

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Sidmind
Kentucky Kache
Dorkfish
Larson 1951
Jamey
Uniface
Pik
Lostcauses
Demon Catspaces
Lakaskill
mamabear
&
Tnmountains
Thanks all you guys for your inspiration and words of wisdom :) ill get through i know, its just a matter of time. Funny thing is she is now coming to me saying she is depressed now and its FINALLY hitting her she is alone now, im being a nice guy and kinda helping her, i dont want her to go through what i went through, it was beyond horrible. i will never get back with her tho, i will never let myself be put in that situation ever again........

lostcauses, i dont mind at all, yes it did contribute somewhat i think because she brought it up, you and your damn hobbies and stupid indian stuff.... what attracted me to this girl is she enjoyed the outdoors and what i did when i met her. but i did only go out on mondays or every other monday, and i have to drive 1 1/2 hours 1 way just to get where i go, but i love it. im stuck in the $hithole city of El Paso TX, "a extension of Juarez" , that was my only way to get out, to feel free, im a small town boy, im not used to this dirty @ss city crap. That was the only time i spent away from my family, the indians helped me keep my sanity. Sad thing is i sold off all my bought artifacts for pennies on the dollar, my MXT, and a bunch of rifles that are HOT on the market right now. Thank god i didnt get rid of my personal finds.........

TN that is very true, cause i used to be out in the field and i would get calls saying when are you coming home? mid day, it was frustrating putting a time limit, especially since i went so rarly, and have to drive so far. so it will feel good, i will only have a time limit againt the sun now :)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Chong2. Everything you got rid of can be replaced in time. Have no regrets as the prices of the guns will never be higher than now and artifacts are still in the ground. Your next find will just add to a special collection.
Have you seen all the things coming from the Texas hunters? Wow!! :icon_sunny:
Good seeing your post.
TnMountains

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
chong2 good to hear you are doing better. It takes some time. understood on EP, and getting to were you can walk.
A great part of the hobby is a change in the environment one is normally in. Just to get away some times is great.
Good luck and keep at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread