Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually found this one last August in a co-workers yard. It was my first big silver find and yes i did scratch her face with my Lesche. I never posted it cause i felt kind of bitter about it. We never laid down the rules of the dig so you know where this is going... I had brought my 2 Garrets to his old house (built in the late 1800's) and let him swing the 250 with me swinging the Pro. We didn't find much that day until a bit later when I got a good 91 on the pro. I was not really expecting this since i was just digging trash pretty much the whole day. You can imagine the feeling seeing this beauty on her side. Anyway he asked for it and rather than lose the friendship over it, I handed it over and just orders a replacement same year Barber from E-bay to mark the find. Well today he gave it back to me, He said he just wanted to show some of his family and friends what we found in his yard. I was kind of blown away by it. I know it may not be much but it was still my biggest oldest silver and a Barber at that. We're already talking about next years hunt. So this is why i'm posting it today as a sort of second find.

Attachments

• IMG_0186[1].JPG
    IMG_0186[1].JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0187[1].JPG
    IMG_0187[1].JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand the bitterness in having to give up that fantastic find. I'm glad you got it back, and also that your friendship isn't strained. Being happy and excited for a fellow digger's good fortune is part of the true detecting spirit.

Congrats on a nice find, and maintaining a digging relationship with your friend.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool. I've been detecting with friends and the question always arises "who keeps the find?"

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread