What's new

Sorting through a huge foreign coin collection

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coworker asked me if I wanted to go through her foreign coin collection and organize it. In exchange I could keep any duplicates if I wanted to. So me and my boys (twin 11 year olds) having been having a blast going through them. Doing research, and finding them on the map is a great learning experience for all of us. I’m guessing there is about 60-70 lbs worth and it’s going to take a long time lol. Not sure if the panoramic picture I took will work but I’ll try it...
 

Attachments

  • 42D88D11-EEA5-4CC9-A7C6-7FCE7B0AEF73.webp
    42D88D11-EEA5-4CC9-A7C6-7FCE7B0AEF73.webp
    227.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 1ED1C8AF-F938-4F22-9D2B-00DABF0EF6F2.webp
    1ED1C8AF-F938-4F22-9D2B-00DABF0EF6F2.webp
    300.2 KB · Views: 116
Sounds like a fun way to pass some time!!
What’s the oldest coin you have discovered?
 
Looks like fun!
 
looks like a lot of work ahead. What is that Denmark coin? I just dug a nice 50 ORE.
 
Sounds like a fun way to pass some time!!
What’s the oldest coin you have discovered?
well besides a few of those Chinese dynasty coins that go back into the 1700's, the oldest dated coin I've seen is 1806
 

Attachments

  • 2925C462-AB93-4B0D-996D-AA6F37EF02B3.webp
    2925C462-AB93-4B0D-996D-AA6F37EF02B3.webp
    248.4 KB · Views: 105
Great way to make memories with the kids.
 
How’s it goin on the sorting J? Hope you found some duplicate silvers!
 
Thats alot of work being Foreign unless you have any knowledge you might have to research each individually I have a bunch of boxes of stamps I started going through one by one but those were boring so I didnt get far. Coins would be more fun. Hope you got some good ones in there.....Tommy
 
If you come upon any coin you cannot ID, give us a try.
Don....

thanks Don... we already finished and returned them. There were a small handful of coins that I wasn't able to identify, mainly Asian or Arabic, bc they didn't have any discerning words on them. I'll remember that though if I ever get another opportunity like this :laughing7:
 
How’s it goin on the sorting J? Hope you found some duplicate silvers!
finished. yeah there were a few silver duplicates in there. It was a lot of fun... found some old US coins in there, bunch of tokens and oddball stuff too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom