South Carolina Dispensary "Skinny jo-jo" bottle -value Forum

Tns-Georgia

Apr 27, 2024
Does anyone know a value? I dug all my bottles during 1969-1972. They have been boxed up since. In 2024 I know valauble/not valuable in most cases, but have no idea about how that translates to 2024 currency amounts.

The bottle is in dug condition with no cracks or structural damage. There are two glass dots on the bottle shoulders (?).

Thank you in advance, I appreciate anyone willing to help me. -Tns

Attachments

• FB-526-South Carolina Dispensary Flask-----478A3263.jpg
    FB-526-South Carolina Dispensary Flask-----478A3263.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 18
  • FB-526-South Carolina Dispensary Flask-----478A3266.jpg
    FB-526-South Carolina Dispensary Flask-----478A3266.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
T

Tns-Georgia

Apr 27, 2024
That is a great bottle. Some similar to yours have sold on ebay for 285-400. Yours looks like it could use a cleaning. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=south+carolina+dispensary&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1
thank you so much! How in the world did you get the eBay search results that you did? I searched on ebay, Wortpoint, and eBay sold research -and found practically nothing. Clearly, I have no idea how to search. I very much appreciate your taking the time to do this for me.
Ps. mine is a dug bottle. It could be tumbled and restored to appear in the condition those do but I'm going to leave that to its new owner. I suspect sometime in the future, once the novelty of "tumbling" wears off, it will affect value in the same way refinishing furniture does. Plus the "age" of it appeals to me personally.

Thank you again History Teacher! -/tns

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched "South Carolina Dispensary" and then changed the search results to "sold listings." Start with as few unique words and then keep adding different words. Anytime you have something unique, just search for the unique parts. ' "South Carolina Dispensary" is pretty unique. If you had searched for "Dug south carolina clear glass bottle" the search engine would be confused and would look for results that share the most words which would be "Dug clear glass bottle." That search would be much too broad.
You might be right about cleaning it up. I don't know much about bottles, but I would love to find a dig spot one day. It looks really fun.
Good look with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread