South East Florida Beach composition changing….finally.

Hat-trick

Oct 23, 2022
I went to the beach yesterday, and did find a few dollars in coins, but found something better. The beach composition has finally been changing here, and we are seeing the grey sand again. There has been so much new sand that the old sand was no where to be found. All the coins I did eventually find yesterday were in the nice dense grey layer.
Good luck! Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• 74D48010-2311-4A94-84B6-74C20B03B904.jpeg
    74D48010-2311-4A94-84B6-74C20B03B904.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
OP
OP
H

Hat-trick

Oct 23, 2022
Oh and I forgot to add the trash pile. It was actually good to be digging things again. The massive amounts of sand here really hid everything.
A sea truffle, reading glasses (drop)random metal and a piece of “ saving someone’s vacation”. The bottle top with the cap still on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't worry they will come soon and pile the beach full of new sand. All the rich beach front property owners demand the state renourish their beach properties at taxpayers expense. Golden rule, he who has the gold rules.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Reactions: RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right after Nicole went through we walked down to the beach to see what it was like. All the stairs down were gone 1/2 way up & the waves had eroded up into the dunes significantly. Some properties had their back porches gone as well. We fared better than most areas north & south of us though.
Yeah it was rough for a while.Every window where we stayed was leaking dunno how they didn't pop-out frame & all

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a race against time, and a very unique situation. We are all experiencing a rare opportunity to have some of the best hunting conditions anyone has seen in many many years. Every good storm, every good king tide, and every time we get a nice long shore current, it will be cutting through the very thin layer of renourishment sand that is left after Nicole. I have seen people recover more 1715 treasure in the last few weeks, than they have in the last 10 years combined. So its a race against the state and there renourishment program. When I went up I saw the engineers assessing the damage and planning there renourishment attack !! If it takes them a year to get it done, then much more treasure will be recovered !! How soon will they get to the beaches that are producing treasure ? How soon will mother nature hit us with a good nor Easter ? The fact is that this is the best opportunity to find 1715 treasure that we've had in years !! How long it lasts will depend on how long it takes the state to renourish the beaches ? I was able to find 1715 artifacts on every day I was there, and that has never been the case before. The ancient sand is only 4-6 inches down in most cases, and in some places packed ancient shell, and orange sand is visible right on top. I was able to watch a small group (3 people) recover several coins from bonsteel park right from this exposed orange sand and shell......later that day miles away I was able to recover musket balls and a coin from this same exposed orange sand layer !! My friends on the treasure coast are quietly recovering coins emeralds and other artifacts.....I've never seen anything like it, and im on high alert to return as soon as the next big blow does. This truly is a once every 25 year deal....as soon as they renourish the beaches it will be over..... so go now folks !!

OP
OP
H

Hat-trick

Oct 23, 2022
Don't worry they will come soon and pile the beach full of new sand. All the rich beach front property owners demand the state renourish their beach properties at taxpayers expense. Golden rule, he who has the gold rules.
We have all the sand that washed away from up north down here in the lower part of the east coast. Local beach just inundate with feet of new sand. Finally got to that nice gravelly golden sand recently and now the rich grey sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions