What's new

Southwest GA Finds and ID

gsu27

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 25, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these yesterday. I'm new to collecting so any information on these would be great. Is the one on the left a chipping stone or just a rock? There is a ton of flint chips in a 100 x 100 yard area but outside of that, virtually none. 300 yrds away is a huge field that I couldn't find a single piece of flint.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0359.webp
    IMG_0359.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Welcome! There are a number of GA posters here who can tell you what you have, and I bet they will. Sounds like you have a good site. I'd search over the whole area if it were me.
 
The large piece looks to be a preform blank, from what you said ,you have found a spot that they produced stone tools. I would keep looking in that spot and if it's legal dig in that area. Welcome to Tnet:hello:
 
Sounds / looks like you are on a good spot. Good luck and keep posting what you come across.
 
Nice keepers and welcome to the site. By what I read you have stumbled upon a camp site. Focus on the area you found the 2 and if there is water near by head in that direction. I have found sites up to 1 mile away from a water source but more closer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom