What's new

Spanish-American War?

Acejeckel

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
275
Reaction score
613
Golden Thread
0
Location
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone I got out for a few hours after work today to a spot that dates pre 1845 located on the Detroit river. I wasn't finding much then I got one of them jumpy signals one of them ones you know you have to dig just to besure well I'm glad I did I found a 45-70 rifle cartridge with a head stamp that says W.R.A. Co (Winchester Repeating Arms Company) This is what I found out about the casing with that head stamp. "Indian Wars [1866-1897] cartridges" (because the 45/70 rifle's primary usage was in that era), we know for certain that 45/70 rifles and ammo were used in the Spanish-American War (1898).
 

Attachments

  • 20160910_214905-1.webp
    20160910_214905-1.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20160910_214943-1.webp
    20160910_214943-1.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 118
Neat piece of history. I find them now and then. WTG. :icon_thumright:
 
Nice!! Got to be more goodies in that old River. Good luck!!
 
Nice find! Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom