SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spark arrester for non honda engines?

Sooooo here in good ol California, where the sun is always shining, the weather is beautiful, and there's no water, and the fuels(grass/woodlands) are dry..

I've been squeaking by w/o a spark arrestor on my Harbor Freight 2" Clear Water Pump, but its getting too dry out for my comfort. While I may basically have a 150GPM water pump to hose down any potential spark ups, i doubt the CDFG would see it that way. And while I've been looking around a little at small engine shops, non of my local ones were very helpful and even kind of rude, must be because its not a big name engine and they dont want their time wasted? Oh well.

I came across this, but thats a tad too big, and I can't weld :sadsmiley:. Cool idea though for those wanting to go stealth on their dredges :icon_thumleft:

Then there is this little clamp on beauty. https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=SUPERTRAPP3S but for almost $80!?!

I guess my next option might be this: https://www.rcpw.com/briggs-stratton-parts/genuine/692957.html
But i'll have to get some measurements in the morning... in the mean time,

What have some of you done to your motors for a spark arrestor or even a muffler to quiet them down? :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Continuing my research has lead me to this Add a little flair to the engine? :P

BUT I think I solved my own problem thanks to the guys over at Oldminibikes.com... This topic was directly related to exhaust on a Predator 212cc engine. Exactly what my pump has. I'll have to do a little more research.. But for $30.. This looks like an option. Says its for a predator engine!

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dumb question...did you take your old one off? Did it rust out? If you look at your outlet of your muffler and you see a screen at the opening, your golden, no need to worry. If not, order another muffler from HF.

OP
OP
S

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow. I just have a hard time seeing that little "screen" on my engine being a "spark arrester". But I guess technically it is a spark arrester. The pipe has i would say it's 1/8th wire welded in a what looks like a 1/2" grid on the outlet. I'll post a picture later.

Guess that was an easy one for you guys >.> I'll bring my pump in and talk to my local club members on Wednesday and see what they say as well. But you're probably right omnicron!

Words of wisdom as always John!

Always better to be safe than sorry! Had to check.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot, Hot summers the best way to be safe is to float the pump/motor.

SierraMadre

Mar 29, 2015
Tex
Detector(s) used
Mine.lab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you got a burned out screen just wad up a piece of window scene and stuff it in the muffler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread