What's new

Speared Bison Nickel! Whos found 1 or got a photo?

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

I would like to see a pisture of what a speared bison looks like?
post them up.
please :tongue3: :thumbsup: :angel11: :angel4: :angel7: :angel9: :blob5:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

here it is
Googled
 

Attachments

  • speared-buffalo.webp
    speared-buffalo.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,521
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

must have looked through thousands and still not a one
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

mistergee said:
must have looked through thousands and still not a one
Same here, when I get a nickel box I look at all of the 2005 buffalos. I have looked thru thousands and have yet to find one.
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

ok excuse the dumb question but i don't collect errors or die varieties. i was wondering what would cause that? a cracked die maybe? with all the different kinds of errors today i dont see how one keeps up with them
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

wayne1956 said:
mistergee said:
must have looked through thousands and still not a one
Same here, when I get a nickel box I look at all of the 2005 buffalos. I have looked thru thousands and have yet to find one.

It's only the Denver minted ones correct?
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

It's only the Denver minted ones correct?
[/quote]

That is correct

silvercop said:
ok excuse the dumb question but i don't collect errors or die varieties. i was wondering what would cause that? a cracked die maybe? with all the different kinds of errors today i dont see how one keeps up with them

Most die cracks are not that straight. I am thinking this is a die gouge.
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

ok thanks. i did see a few listed on feebay. they start around 20.00
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

That's a really good picture of the nickel, I can't say I have found one either!
 
Re: Speared Bison Nickel! Who's found 1 or got a photo?

i printed out a photo of it yesterday and took it to a teller friend of mine. she told me today she searched a ton of nickels and has not found one yet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom