What's new

Spearpoint - Newberry, SC

screlichunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
You folks you were great with the help on the other stuff. Can you help me identify what type of point this is and what period it is from?

What I know:
Material - chert from Allendale quarry - was told by a local that the NativeAmerican tribes traded for it.
Nice mineralization.
In nice shape other than one ear tip missing.

I have attached some images of a size chart and different views and shadows for the flaking detail.

Thanks again!
 

Attachments

  • AHSIZE.webp
    AHSIZE.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 241
  • AHSIDE1.webp
    AHSIDE1.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 239
  • AHSIDE2.webp
    AHSIDE2.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 233
  • AHCSIDE1.webp
    AHCSIDE1.webp
    13 KB · Views: 242
  • AHCSIDE2.webp
    AHCSIDE2.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 229
I think it be close to this from the looks of it.To bad it's broke.Nice point none the less. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1329.webp
    IMG_1329.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 226
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom