- Joined
- Dec 9, 2012
- Messages
- 8,696
- Reaction score
- 22,120
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Concrete, WA
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
- #1
Thread Owner
There's a certain rush that comes with finding something special..be it a piece of a buckle worn by a valiant soldier on the field of battle, a silver coin from centuries past, or that elusive gold ring found in the surf.
What motivates you to head out into the field, filled with hope of that next find? I know many of us ain't so young any more; joints get stiff with arthritis, and things like knees don't bend so well any more. Still, we go.
So, is that motivator the potential value, or the history itself of the item, and how it came to be where it was found?
What motivates you to head out into the field, filled with hope of that next find? I know many of us ain't so young any more; joints get stiff with arthritis, and things like knees don't bend so well any more. Still, we go.
So, is that motivator the potential value, or the history itself of the item, and how it came to be where it was found?


All those wonderful things I have found might be worth $1000 but they are not worth anything sitting in a shoebox
So for me it's the thrill of the hunt and to see what else I can find... I've also been hunting since 1986-7 so almost 40 years ...






