What's new

Special request for a sick little boy-VERY SAD UPDATE

Michaelangelo

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
455
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Piedmont N.C.
Below is an email I was received last week from a former 4-H leader.
I was asked to send a card and thought you might be interested in this as well. YES, I did check, it is a legit request and not a hoax.
*******************
Hi,
A young boy in my church, Thatcher Brennan, turns 7 on March 31, 2011 and we want to make his birthday extra special by sending him the MOST birthday cards ever! Thatcher is in ICU waiting on a heart transplant. Will you help by sending him a funny, colorful, musical, home-made, or just plain special birthday card?

Send cards to:

Thatcher Brennan
4210 Mill Village Road
Raleigh, NC 27612

Spread the word! Even if you don't know Thatcher, he'd still love to receive a card from you! (you can just say you heard about it from me).

This is not an internet hoax. I visited Thatcher at the hospital last week in Duke. Thanks, Darlene Q.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Absolutely! Kellyco has almost 50 employees. I'll blast it out! Poor little guy :( I have 5 kids. Touches my heart...
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

:icon_thumleft: We are both in, this little guy will be in for a rough time, along with a card, comes our prayers that everything works out!!!! :icon_thumright: Chug and Red :headbang:
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

I am in , I have a special place in my heart for children .
I count myself lucky as I watch my Grandchildren run and play as I read this !

Is there a best time that this should be sent ? Let us know so I can get it out .
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

I will take care of it.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Count me in. I will get a card off to the little guy.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

You say it's legit Michaelangelo, so I'll go with it, and you got it from us up here. Daedalus pretty much said it for me.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

I shared this on FaceBook.

My goal is to see this kid get 100,000 cards.

I had a lot of people re post it as well.

Lets see if we can overwhelm this little man.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Posting a card from the UK tomorrow :icon_thumleft:.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Card will be sent tomarrow along with our prayers. Think we'll send the little guy a birthday card as well. Rick :coffee2:
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Dang folks-you're bringing a tear to my eye. I'm truly grateful for the kindness ya'll are showing for this little fella. Sure he and his family will appreciate it as well.
What a fantastic bunch of people we have on this sight!!
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Michaelangelo said:
Dang folks-you're bringing a tear to my eye. I'm truly grateful for the kindness ya'll are showing for this little fella. Sure he and his family will appreciate it as well.
What a fantastic bunch of people we have on this sight!!
Mike,

Make sure to inform people to include at least one dollar.Here's why. If 100,00 cards are sent with a buck in each, then the family can use it towards the medical bills.


My dollar will be included
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Woodland Detectors said:
Michaelangelo said:
Dang folks-you're bringing a tear to my eye. I'm truly grateful for the kindness ya'll are showing for this little fella. Sure he and his family will appreciate it as well.
What a fantastic bunch of people we have on this sight!!
Mike,

Make sure to inform people to include at least one dollar.Here's why. If 100,00 cards are sent with a buck in each, then the family can use it towards the medical bills.


My dollar will be included

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

I think I'll send $5.00 instead of $1.00.

Printing one now that says:

How Cats Celebrate Birthdays
1. Rise at first light.
Sit on owner’s face
until they wake up.
2. Loudly
demand
breakfast
be served.
3. Shun two kinds
of cat food.
4. Visit
“magic box.”
Find conditions
unacceptable.
5. Enjoy
“private time”
behind sofa.
6. Practice
'ol yoga
stretches.
7. Hork
hair ball
in secret hiding
place.
8. Stare at wall.
Pretend to “see”
something
owner cannot.
9. Sleep for
18 hours.
Start all over
again.

Inside Verse:

Thatcher, hope your birthday
is just as much fun!
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Filled out and once I go to the post office tomorrow it will be mailed.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

A card with the money in it and prayers too going out. He is in for some rough times.

We will hope and pray for the best for him and his parents. They have to be going through a lot of heartache with
their son in that condition.

Ray
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

WindHarvester said:
I think I'll send $5.00 instead of $1.00.

Printing one now that says:

How Cats Celebrate Birthdays
1. Rise at first light.
Sit on owner’s face
until they wake up.
2. Loudly
demand
breakfast
be served.
3. Shun two kinds
of cat food.
4. Visit
“magic box.”
Find conditions
unacceptable.
5. Enjoy
“private time”
behind sofa.
6. Practice
'ol yoga
stretches.
7. Hork
hair ball
in secret hiding
place.
8. Stare at wall.
Pretend to “see”
something
owner cannot.
9. Sleep for
18 hours.
Start all over
again.

Inside Verse:

Thatcher, hope your birthday
is just as much fun!



After re-reading this I didn't go with it, I printed #1 on this page and hand wrote the inside.

http://www.123printcards.com/birthday1/
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

We have three ready for the mail tomorrow.

My Daughter sent 7 dollars as it is his 7th Birthday.

My Son sent a
1979 Liberty Dollar, 1994 Penny with a heart pressed in the middle, and a soccer medal, with a soccer ball on one side and don't quit on the other.

My Wife and I sent some money.

Let's all make this young man's Birthday special!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom