What's new

Special request for a sick little boy-VERY SAD UPDATE

Re: Special request for a sick little boy

WindHarvester said:
I think I'll send $5.00 instead of $1.00.

Printing one now that says:

How Cats Celebrate Birthdays
1. Rise at first light.
Sit on owner’s face
until they wake up.
2. Loudly
demand
breakfast
be served.
3. Shun two kinds
of cat food.
4. Visit
“magic box.”
Find conditions
unacceptable.
5. Enjoy
“private time”
behind sofa.
6. Practice
'ol yoga
stretches.
7. Hork
hair ball
in secret hiding
place.
8. Stare at wall.
Pretend to “see”
something
owner cannot.
9. Sleep for
18 hours.
Start all over
again.

Inside Verse:

Thatcher, hope your birthday
is just as much fun!
LOL...Yeah I sent a little more too, but just a dollar from every card, will help tremendously...It's just a buck! I also included some cool coins he might like too.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Bump: :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

I'm sincerely not trying to be a killjoy here. But, I Googled the address above and nothing came up for it. Can someone double check for me? I'd love to part of making the child feel a little better but ....??
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

WindHarvester said:
Lady Liberty said:
I'm sincerely not trying to be a killjoy here. But, I Googled the address above and nothing came up for it. Can someone double check for me? I'd love to part of making the child feel a little better but ....??

I found this.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...esult&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA

I found that also. But there appears to be nothing there. "Edwards Mill Apartments" on "Manor Club Drive" is behind that point.

There is a "4210 Edwards Mill Road" nearby, that is an elementary school. Could that be the address? Usually a good address, when Googled, will turn up residents or a business at it, something.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Lady Liberty said:
WindHarvester said:
Lady Liberty said:
I'm sincerely not trying to be a killjoy here. But, I Googled the address above and nothing came up for it. Can someone double check for me? I'd love to part of making the child feel a little better but ....??

I found this.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...esult&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA

I found that also. But there appears to be nothing there. "Edwards Mill Apartments" on "Manor Club Drive" is behind that point.

There is a "4210 Edwards Mill Road" nearby, that is an elementary school. Could that be the address? Usually a good address, when Googled, will turn up residents or a business at it, something.

I seen the elementary school also, could the address be wrong and maybe we should contact the school to see if that's where they should be mailed?
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

WindHarvester said:
Lady Liberty said:
WindHarvester said:
Lady Liberty said:
I'm sincerely not trying to be a killjoy here. But, I Googled the address above and nothing came up for it. Can someone double check for me? I'd love to part of making the child feel a little better but ....??

I found this.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...esult&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA

I found that also. But there appears to be nothing there. "Edwards Mill Apartments" on "Manor Club Drive" is behind that point.

There is a "4210 Edwards Mill Road" nearby, that is an elementary school. Could that be the address? Usually a good address, when Googled, will turn up residents or a business at it, something.

I seen the elementary school also, could the address be wrong and maybe we should contact the school to see if that's where they should be mailed?

Hmm, maybe Michaelangelo will chime in. They said they had checked it out. I have to get back to work but I'll check back in later. :)
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

I received the original e-mail from a former customer of mine that lives in Raleigh. I did ask her if it was legit before I posted and she said she knows the 4H leader personally and that's the only reason she sent it to me. I've known this lady for a while and have no reason to doubt her. I'll see if I can investigate a little to get some tangible proof.
If it is a hoax I fell for it hook line and sinker.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

bump
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy

Here's what I received fom my friend that sent me the original request:

Hi Mike! Thanks for the great response!! I talked to the nurse on call for his area @ Duke, he's having a good day today. He said it would be fine to send cards to him at the actual hospital address too, so will give you that info as well. Make sure the rm # and ICU unit is clearly written so it will get to him with no problems... If sending money, I think the home address would be better/safer...

Duke University Hospital
Thatcher Brennan, RM 5412, CCICU
2301 Erwin Rd.
Durham, NC 27710

Also, for checks, the mother's name is Leslie Brennan. You can mail to either the home or the hospital address. Talked to them today, they're forwarned and ready. Everyone sounded very excited and said he's a good little kid, a real trooper! Brought tears to my eyes, which I gave Rachel a huge hug when I picked her up from school, just in thankfulness that she's healthy. Thanks for all the additional help, they're really overwhelmed by the response, it's really made a little boy's dream come true!! Have a great weekend!

Heather
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy-UPDATE

Mailed three today and We'll be Praying for the young man. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy-UPDATE

Thanks WindHarvester!!

My three daughters have posted on their face book pages and all their freinds, their friends friends and so on will be sending cards too. This little boy is in for a real treat!!!
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy-UPDATE

Cool. Card on its way and I'll spread the word. :)
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy-UPDATE

Hi everyone.. I just ran across this topic and am truely amazed of all the strangers sending cards to my nephew Thatcher. However, unfortunately, yesterday morning at 7:30, Thatcher's battle came to an end. He is at peace now. Thank you so much for all the cards. Last final count as I knew it was over 1500 cards. He did feel well enough to have a small birthday celebration on Friday, however he tired out fast.

I just wanted to update everyone and thank you so much for everything. Please keep his mom, dad and brother in your prayers.

God Bless You all!!
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy-UPDATE

Just received the news from my friend that first told me about Thatcher. Damnit!! Sitting here with tears in my eyes as I type this.
Thank you all for the wonderful response.
May God bless little Thatcher and his family.
 
Re: Special request for a sick little boy-UPDATE

Also I'd like to add, I'm not sure if Thatcher's parents knew about this thread, and if they didn't, I'll certainly let them know. Their last update to everyone was they love Thatcher "to infinity and beyond".

Again, God bless you all!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom