What's new

Spigot / valve ***SOLVED***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this piece up yesterday at an 1800's tavern in the country that now looks like a shack. The place was used not only as a tavern, but also for dances and gambling (cockfights & horse racing).
Any idea what it may have been from? :icon_scratch: Moonshine still? :tongue3:
Age? 1800's? :dontknow:
The round top piece turns, and the long lever can turn also.
Thanks for looking,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-197S.webp
    MVC-197S.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-198S.webp
    MVC-198S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 239
  • MVC-199S.webp
    MVC-199S.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 238

Attachments

  • Gsc%2002048%20gas%20valve%20detail.webp
    Gsc%2002048%20gas%20valve%20detail.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Gsc%2002049%20gas%20valve%20close%20up.webp
    Gsc%2002049%20gas%20valve%20close%20up.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0
Re: Spigot / valve

it's a keg valve, the long lever lets the beer out, the round one lets air in slowly to
keep it from glugging and creating too much head
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Spigot / valve

Hey, cool find Doug. I need one of those for my wife. :-\

Been eating a lot of chili since the cold weather set in. :D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Spigot / valve

I was hoping I was right, then we could tap a keg. LOL
 
Upvote 0
Re: Spigot / valve

RPG said:
Hey, cool find Doug. I need one of those for my wife. :-\

Been eating a lot of chili since the cold weather set in. :D

RPG,
A cork is on it's way. :thumbsup:
Good luck and I hope you two get everything aired out o.k. :laughing9:
-Doug-

Sniffer said:
I was hoping I was right, then we could tap a keg. LOL

I was hoping you were right too. It would have been neat to be able to tie that thing in with the old tavern. :occasion14:
Great guess though.
Thanks Sniffer,
Doug
 
Upvote 0
Re: Spigot / valve

ModernMiner said:
RPG said:
Hey, cool find Doug. I need one of those for my wife. :-\

Been eating a lot of chili since the cold weather set in. :D

RPG,
A cork is on it's way. :thumbsup:
Good luck and I hope you two get everything aired out o.k. :laughing9:
-Doug-

Sniffer said:
I was hoping I was right, then we could tap a keg. LOL

I was hoping you were right too. It would have been neat to be able to tie that thing in with the old tavern. :occasion14:
Great guess though.
Thanks Sniffer,
Doug

Thanks Doug but hold the cork. Already tried that. They make very good projectiles. :( :D
 

Attachments

  • blackeye.webp
    blackeye.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom