What's new

Spirit of 76

ramjet2187

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
926
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Spirit of '76

Most of you can guess what I'm about to tell you..............

I got my weekly two boxes of halves on Tuesday. Box one, skunk. Box two :headbang: SCORE :headbang:.

Out of 50 rolls, FORTY-ONE were solid Bicentennials. What the ????

They were all machine rolled, so someone obviously dumped a TON of 76's. I opened a few rolls, and after getting several in a row that were all Bi's, I dumped the box out, and there were 34 rolls in the box that had the dual-date or the bell staring out at me. Chances are everything in between is the same, in my opinion. So if anyone wants 34 machine rolls with Bi-enders, I've got em. They're going to the dump bank tomorrow.....

The remaining rolls in the box were all clads.

Tally thus far: 11 boxes, 25 x 40%. ZERO 90% !!!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Spirit of '76

I'd be careful about thinking they are solid. My last box was almost entirely solid uncirculated 2000's. There were maybe 10-15 rolls with a few other clad stuck in, and I still managed 5 40%ers from that box. Unlikely... but possible.
 
Re: Spirit of '76

Happened to me Monday. Teller said she had 30 rolls. I had enough on me for 21 of them. EVERY single roll was solid Bicentennial halves. Needless to say I did not go back for the remaining 9 rolls. (I saw them and they were all from the same box, same wrappers).

If you really want to go through a huge hassle for little gain, I have seen several of these Bicentennial rolls selling on ebay for $12/roll. Not worth it for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom