What's new

Splitting Firewood

IHC656

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
345
Reaction score
1,961
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cutting down damaged & dead trees in the yard for firewood. Tent worms killed a few oak’s. And damage can be found from emerald ash bore’s.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7444.webp
    IMG_7444.webp
    7 MB · Views: 75
Cutting down damaged & dead trees in the yard for firewood. Tent worms killed a few oak’s. And damage can be found from emerald ash bore’s.
We just bought a Stihl electric chainsaw to complement my gas saws. We’re in a similar situation here. A lot of dead trees to take down. Also a lot of invasive honeysuckle and olive.
 
We just bought a Stihl electric chainsaw to complement my gas saws. We’re in a similar situation here. A lot of dead trees to take down. Also a lot of invasive honeysuckle and olive.
Did you buy a battery saw?
I was curious how those performed, I am planning to start carving with chainsaw’s again.
 
We just bought a Stihl electric chainsaw to complement my gas saws. We’re in a similar situation here. A lot of dead trees to take down. Also a lot of invasive honeysuckle and olive.
When they built the Federal reservoir here in the 60s and 70s they planted Russian olives for cover. It has spread everywhere around the reservoir and farther. Then, in the last 15 yrs the Korean honeysuckle has been terribly invasive. I just bought a gallon of Crossbow to do battle with them.
I’m hoping this stuff will do it.
IMG_3331.webp
 
Did you buy a battery saw?
I was curious how those performed, I am planning to start carving with chainsaw’s again.
Yes. I am very pleased with the performance and handling
 
Cutting down damaged & dead trees in the yard for firewood. Tent worms killed a few oak’s. And damage can be found from emerald ash bore’s.

Been fighting a large red oak a storm fractured last fall.
Mi. has seen large stands of ash killed. Getting dicey being near low areas of them in any wind any more.
 
We just bought a Stihl electric chainsaw to complement my gas saws. We’re in a similar situation here. A lot of dead trees to take down. Also a lot of invasive honeysuckle and olive.
my electric saw has REPLACED my gas one, I haven't need to fire it up in at least a year now.
 
Did you buy a battery saw?
I was curious how those performed, I am planning to start carving with chainsaw’s again.
I live on heavily forested acreage and my electric saw is all I need... but you do need extra batteries for sure. AND the chains are super cheap for some reason.
 
those dang emerald ash borer's killed a large number of ash in my woods.

ash is a favorite of mine to burn.

good job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom