beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It warmed up quite nicely on Sunday. Since I encountered a lot of snow, ice, and frozen ground I decided that I would visit a local sports field and see if I couldn't find a piece of jewelry. Since this place is only 5 years old I didn't even consider the possibility of finding any silver coins. So when I got a very strong repeatable 90-91 on my XP Deus I thought for sure I had found a silver ring or other piece of jewelry. I was very surprised to see Mr. Roosevelt stuck in the plug about 2-3" deep. So I guess silver coins must still be in circulation today. I also found $4.50 in quarters, $.20 cents in nickels, two pennies, and a toy car to go along with the "looking for gold" trash. The 1964 Rosie makes silver coin #12 FTY. Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for looking. JAY

64 rosie.jpg
64 rosie 2.jpg
64 rosie 3.jpg

Upvote 12

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! You got out and scored silver and bling! Congrats!

Must have felt great to detect and actually dig the ground.
One day we will be able to do that here, one day....hopefully soon!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the silver, guess the age of a spot doesn't mean too much. have you found any gold with the deus yet?

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on the silver, guess the age of a spot doesn't mean too much. have you found any gold with the deus yet?

I have not found any gold yet with the Deus. My back and knees only allow me a certain number of dug targets in an outing so I more or less save them for potential silver coin targets. But on a day like yesterday I dug all the good repeatable 53-65 targets till the back gave out. Hence the pulltabs and nickels. No gold though unfortunately. How about you? If you have what TID numbers were you hitting when you made your gold finds?

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver!! That Rosie had to have been a sweet sight. Wish the boy and I could find a spot where we could dig some multiply targets.

I found a 54 Washington at a local high school last year where we've found tons of clad. Never even foumd a wheat there so the quarter was a total shock.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good hunt! A little bling and silver. Good Luck in 2015!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice surprise find...Ive found fresh dropped wheaties but never fresh dropped silver...congrats.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for you on the silver beez!, cool when you find silver where you least expect it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread