diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I made it an old foundation. It seemed older than where we usually hunt. I was pretty excited to see the button but dont know much about it. The 1905 Indian and 163 good for 5 cents token were from a few days ago! Let me know if you have more information on the button. Pitt and co Martins Lane. Happy Hunting! 20200512_160610.jpg20200512_163129.jpg20200512_160637.jpg20200512_163011.jpg

Upvote 28
Nice livery button. Charles Pitt and Company were a London manufacturer and the button will be between 1875-1895 when their address was 50 St. Martins Lane, London. From 1895 they had moved to a new address at Maddox Street.

Several families used squirrels as their crest, but yours most closely resembles that attributed to the Berry family:

Squirrel.jpg

Thank you for the reply Red-Coat, That dates before the mining rush of Cripple Creek where I usually hunt. I looked up the Barry Family and they have quite history. The information sure makes the Day!!!!

Very nice relics, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Nice hunt. I like that button, and the fact that it was Id'd for you.

Thanks Trezurehunter! It must have been a very early place here in Colorado. It's so peaceful out hunting and I am blessed to have my son interested. IMG_20200512_134734373.jpg

If you soak that button in lemon juice for 5 minutes & use a nail brush on it under running water it will come out nice.

Last edited:
Awesome hunting spot looks gorgeous and to have your Son with you thats great I love the token those are fun to find and that button os really cool Good ID Red Coat keep hitting that spot theres a Gold coin in there somewhere lol Great post Have fun Tommy

Thanks Crusader, that will help because I may sell it to upgrade my son's detector a little. The button has a little damage so it might not bring much, but money adds up fast. Thanks Horst, I appreciate it! Thanks Tommy, check out this trunk piece he found yesterday! I think that is what it is! It
Is very thick brass!!!1589465403587917953484762543957.jpg Both my boys will be at college before I know it, so we are getting out as much as we can. Hope you find some good stuff soon!

Thanks Crusader, that will help because I may sell it to upgrade my son's detector a little. The button has a little damage so it might not bring much, but money adds up fast. Thanks Horst, I appreciate it! Thanks Tommy, check out this trunk piece he found yesterday! I think that is what it is! It
Is very thick brass!!!View attachment 1833585 Both my boys will be at college before I know it, so we are getting out as much as we can. Hope you find some good stuff soon!
Try & track down the Berry family before you sell it.:thumbsup:

Sweet button !! Have you been able to connect that token to the district ?

Hey Charlie, I wouldn't know how to connect that token to the district unless the number is the address of a bar maybe. Jed found a beautiful perforator this spring it's posted in the Native American forum. Hope we can get out for a hunt soon!

If you soak that button in lemon juice for 5 minutes & use a nail brush on it under running water it will come out nice.

And CRUSADER did say "5" minutes. I found a WW1 Victory medal awhile back, and put it in lemon juice, I then of course became sidetracked and forgot about it until late in the day. I had a WW1 Victory medal with a very nice shade of ORANGE color to it. 5 minutes...5 minutes...5 minutes......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back