Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago I posted about a possible site where an old stage coach weigh station use to be.? It is near my hunting lease.? This week end I went down to the lease to get my camping trailer ready for the deer gun hunting season coming up next week end.? While I was there I took about an hour to check out the stage coach site.? Still lots of weeds and bugs as the weather has been unseasonably warm, but at least I'm pretty sure I have the site located.? I found a mule shoe and an old square nail within about 10 feet of each other.? The mule shoe was wedged down between two rocks about 8" deep and the nail was in some gravel along beside some stones aligned, possibly part of an old foundation? I'll take a pic tomorrow and get get it posted for any of you that care to see a mule shoe!? Monty

Attachments

• DSC00489.jpg
    DSC00489.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0
Re: Stage Coach Search

You know me, I'm always stepping in something! ::) Monty

Those finds look mighty familiar Monty! :D

Nana ;D

Good luck at the stagecoach site, Monty and keep us posted. Also, good luck getting a deer. (BTW, what's the setting on your detector for deer?? ::) )

HH, ya'll!

Looks like you are on to something interesting! I'll take 10 lbs of deer meat too, I want to make some deer jerky, LOL! I think Richard (NH) Dicky, is looking for you, asked about you on Coinist's forum. Look forward to the finds from the site and HH, Mike

Monty a big thanks for the Info. I e-mailed Stoney56. Good finds. Hope I do as well today on the Chisholm trail.

you can lead a mule to water but ya cant make it drink,,, i bet theres gold in that there site,, keep on it,,

I found another mule shoe down lower on the property earlier in the year but I think it was from the WPA that built an old road through the property to a quarry years ago. The property owner said they used mules and wagons to build the road. I also fond the old steel rim off a wagon wheel it's about 5' tall and a complete circle, so quite a big wagon. Monty

Nana40 said:
Those finds look mighty familiar Monty!? :D

? ? ? ? ? ?Nana? ;D
Monty said:
I found another mule shoe down lower on the property earlier in the year but I think it was from the WPA that built an old road through the property to a quarry years ago.? The property owner said they used mules and wagons to build the road.? I also fond the old steel rim off a wagon wheel it's about 5' tall and a complete circle, so quite a big wagon.? Monty

Keep it up and you two can get a game up, just have to find some stakes. ;D

Nice Find MONTY.

Horse Shoes Bring Luck, What do MULE shoes Bring ?

not to be picky, but i'd say the picture is of a horseshoe...the heels of a muleshoe are straight, kinda like a capital "U"...they don't curve toward each other at the end

The owner of the property was a small child when the quary was in use and saw the mules and wagons. He owns mules now and uses them for coon hunting and said it was a mule shoe. I have two of them and if they are horse shoes they were using ponys to pull the wagons because they are about half the size of a draft horse shoe. I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on shod animals but I am going by what an eye witness and mule owner has told me. If the one shoe is from the construction of the road it is nearly 90 years old. If from the quary it is about 70 years old. The one from the stagecoach weigh station site could be over a hundred years old. What did the shoes look like then? Same as today? I don't know so I am asking. Monty

If you find a size 12 shoe there. It'll be mine and you'll then know they used not only mules.
But at least one jackass too. Good luck on that site. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back