What's new

Stange Coin..can anyone help me id it?

sathmcnugent

Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I recently found a coin about the size of a morgan dollar. its brass..cant take pics..my camera is broke..anyhow..on the front it says "the union banking and trust company DuBois, PA " around the front edge..with a picture under that of the front of a bank..its an old one with a pediment on top with large pillars supporting that..on the back it says. Capital..$125,000 solicits interest paid on savings and deposits..then it says deposits..then i cant make out the next word..after that it says safe deposit..boxes for rent..I dont know what it is..or if its worth 125,000?? I think it is fairly old..any info would be great..thanks everyone
 
Upvote 0
I just dont get why a coin like this would have been made..and who would be the person who would get it?
 
my 2cents would be get a working cam or scanner, post pic's and put it under WHAT IS IT forum.
 
Known as the "Bank of Friendly Service", the officers and employees of Union Bank and Trust Company are committed to customer satisfaction. Organized in 1896, the Bank has grown its combined assets to $125,000,000.
 
Yes I read that about the assets of 125,000,000..so i checked the coin again and it is 100% for sure 125,000 not million..so..well I dont know.
 
In 1896, The bank's capital was $100,000:

In order to attract trust business and to qualify to act in a fiduciary capacity, the name of the Union Safe Deposit Bank was changed to Union Bank and Trust Company on Feb. 19, 1924.

So my guess it was a token coin given out about this time or after 1924 when they changed their name.
 
WilliamBoyd said:
It's an advertising token.

:)

Agreed. The poster should not embarrass themselves by calling and asking for $125,000 in cash. :P
 
BuckleBoy said:
WilliamBoyd said:
It's an advertising token.

:)

Agreed. The poster should not embarrass themselves by calling and asking for $125,000 in cash. :P
lol
 
kyphote said:
BuckleBoy said:
WilliamBoyd said:
It's an advertising token.

:)

Agreed. The poster should not embarrass themselves by calling and asking for $125,000 in cash. :P
lol
lol i wouldnt have called anyone and asked for 125 k haha that would be crazy..I would have asked for info on the coin/token first..then based on the info..I probably would have been able to tell if its worth anything..
 
I agree completely with the advertising token. Maybe one of my old relatives lost it as I have many around the Dubois area.
 
One time when I was a kid I found this little copper dollar on the ground, It had Abraham Lincoln on it. It said readers digest on it, and it also has $125,000 on it. I have no idea what it is, but I still have it. I've tried finding one online, but no luck. Kinda cool though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom