What's new

star device

jhamner

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
646
Reaction score
729
Golden Thread
0
I dug up this star device many years ago with some Civil War items. I think I remember posting a photo and being told it was associated with Texas troops, but I can't remember OR find the post. Can anyone help me out?!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6555.webp
    IMG_6555.webp
    229.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6556.webp
    IMG_6556.webp
    253.8 KB · Views: 102
Looks like a toy holster decoration.

Edit: maybe not, could not find it in a search. Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
looks 20th C


I definitely agree--in fact, I wouldn't have given it a second thought until I put it on a forum and someone told me it was a rare cap device (or something like that) used by Texas troops in the Civil War. I'm having trouble with this attribution first of all because it looks relatively new and is poorly stamped, and secondly when found it still had a small handmade nail sticking through one of the holes--NOT a good way to attach cap ornament!
 
Upvote 0
I definitely agree--in fact, I wouldn't have given it a second thought until I put it on a forum and someone told me it was a rare cap device (or something like that) used by Texas troops in the Civil War. I'm having trouble with this attribution first of all because it looks relatively new and is poorly stamped, and secondly when found it still had a small handmade nail sticking through one of the holes--NOT a good way to attach cap ornament!
exactly:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom