What's new

star note question

maxaviles1993

Jr. Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lambsburg
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is all star notes worth money in any condition.
 
All I can tell you is that all star notes are worth more than their face value, anywhere from a few pennies to a few hundred dollars!
 
Actually, there are star notes (writing now of only $1 notes) that were printed since 1928 that are valued at over $10,000. !!! Rarity has a lot to do with those bills For example: Series 1928 E Silver cert. may have a value between 14k and 50k depending upon quality VF-20 to Unc.-63.
Don.......
 
Don,
When did the first star appear in circulation, and how much is it worth
 
Without doing the research, I believe the Legal Tender Notes of 1869 (1,2 5 and $10 notes) had stars printed.
As to their values, that depends on condition, rarity, demand, aesthetics and probably another half dozen criteria.
Don.....
 
I'll also add........the star on those early bills that I referenced was only for decoration; it did not represent a replacement bill as they are today.
Don,........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom