What's new

Started Soccer Field #4 And Broke My 4000 Coin Count

piggman1

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
It wasn't raining this morning when I left the house to check out this newer soccer field. Actually, my main goal was to break my 4000 coin count. It has been driving me crazy because I have been so close, but it won't stop raining long enough to get in a good hunt. I got out to the field with dark clouds in the sky, and picked the area I wanted to start with. For the rest of the morning it was hunt a little, sit in the truck a while waiting for the rain to stop, and back hunting again. This repeated it's self several times. This field is really pretty nice because it is new, there is not a lot of trash and shredded aluminium, and the targets are surface to 1" down. So all I needed was a screw driver to pop the coins out. The best part of the morning was..I BROKE MY 4000 MARK! And for doing so, the field rewarded me with a sterling star ear ring with 5 fake diamonds, a kiddie ring, and a cub scout kerchief holder. All in all, it was a great morning!
Dollars = 5
Quarters = 520
Dimes = 757
Nickels = 260
Pennies = 2462
Total Coins For Year = 4004 Total Value = $248.32
 

Attachments

  • 1st soccer field 4.webp
    1st soccer field 4.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 527
  • 1 soccer field 4.webp
    1 soccer field 4.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 520
  • SOCCER FIELD 4.webp
    SOCCER FIELD 4.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0
Sweet! Sounds like a good day. And to break 4000? Very nice!
 
You are head down and chargin! Keep this up and you can start your own bank. ;D
 
Great start on the new field. Looks like it will be productive PM! Congrats on the finds and for breaking into the 4000's

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Way to go piggy! 4000 is great mark to be at.
This bunch of soccer fields should keep you busy a while...
 
Congrats on getting to 4000, another that just might be in the 10,000 coin club along with DFX Gregg!
 
That is neat to hit 4000 congrats. Do you mostly hit schools and athletic fields?
Good luck on more finds.
Burdie
 
I mostly hit schools and athletic fields, but I carry my metal detector with me everywhere and will hit whatever looks good. I try to stay away from people and kids.
 
Hi Piggman!

Great job! :D It is interesting how you show the area you detected on the photo. Do you always use a screwdriver on grass fields? I tried popping coins with a screwdriver with the tip ground down. I have been able to pop coins out fairly easily as long as they are not down too deep. I also made a probe out of an old, cheap, solid fibreglass fishing rod which seems to work well and does not scratch anything. Are you able to pop out rings with the screwdriver? Thanks!

Tom
 
Good going on cracking the 4000 mark! :) Also I worked out your PCV per coin value 6.20 cents very good!
 
Congrats on breaking 4,000! If you find lots of silver rings in this new soccer field I'm moving to Texas! LOL ;D
 
I use my Sun Ray pin pointer as a guide as to how I remove a target. If I get a good LOUD signal from the pin pointer, I know I can easily remove it by useing a probe. A faint, or no signal, I know I will have to cut a plug. Yes, you can remove rings with a probe along with coins without damage if you are carefull. Thanks DFX-Gregg for the count value. I have been useing it ever since I saw your post and find it most helpfull.
 
Nice haul,congrats.
 
are you detecting around the sidelines or on the field itself or what?

I'm thinking people would tend to get upset at the idea of a guy with a metal detector and shovel wandering around on a soccer field.
 
The only tool I carry is my probe. I do not dig the deep targets, if my pin pointer won't pick it up loud and clear then I don't dig, even though it would be hard to tear the field up any worse than the cleats on the soccer shoes do. No, I hunt the main playing area and the side lines last. Most rings and such are in the main playing area.
 
Nice hunt and congrats on breaking 4000, that's a lot of deep knee bends, LOL! HH, Mike
 
"I don't dig the deep sounds?" ---

Hello Mister PiggMan,
You and your MD are one, my friend. I always look forward to reading about and seeing the pictures of your excursions.

I really do suggest you check out those "deep" targets. You never know what surprise Heaven has for you. :)

GRB
 
Spidey said:
are you detecting around the sidelines or on the field itself or what?

I'm thinking people would tend to get upset at the idea of a guy with a metal detector and shovel wandering around on a soccer field.

Spidey i do parks also....I carry a screwdriver to pop shallow coins or use the tip of my Lesche digger. If i look around and can tell I have dug any holes at all I go back and do a better job...usually means it is time to go home. I have a park by my house that I "visit" usually 1-2 times a week. There is always new surface clad and I continually recheck and find more clad where people watch the sporting events. I do not hunt the areas/parks where the baseball /soccer fields look better than the pros! ;) If you are careful the groundskeepers will just look and keep on going...>well hopefully most of the time! :D
 
[ftp][/ftp]
Piggman, congrats on the 4,000th. Still plenty of time left this year to brake the 8,000 mark. hehe The soccer fields have sure been nice to you this year. Keep it up. HH

Desertfox
 
Congratulations on breaking your 4,000 coin milestone. This is indeed a momentous occasion!


HH from M2
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom