Airborne80
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2005
- Messages
- 1,022
- Reaction score
- 6
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
The more that I search the site, the more convinced I become, that many of what I had believed to be “heart Breakers” are in fact, a style of point. I am at work now and don’t have enough photos to post to demonstrate my idea, but this one is a good example of what I keep finding. Many points only have one shoulder. Now, as this was an Indian summer fishing village site and they used lots of stone tips to spear the fish in the river, they did not seem to be very interested in making beautiful points… but rather useful and disposable ones. Anyway… take a look and see what you think. Thanks.
Attachments
Upvote
0

That is for a number of reasons, not the least of which is....... I am starting to believe that my site has been way underestimated and under studied. The former is believed because of the quickness for so many to write off or disengage from any discussion regarding the items. true enough... when I began this hobby (addiction) two years ago, i did post my share of rocks and geofacts. Two years, thousands of mistakes, countless hours or reading, and common sense has done much for me. It has greatly filtered out the criteria for which I will bend over and pick an object up. It has also opened my mind to the reality that we (humans) do NOT know and/or fully understand every little thing. Point being.... I think that there are many new discoveries and types of tools and points to be found. The latter (reference the term "under studied" ) is believed due to the frustrating lack of archaeological material on points in Northern Virginia. Yes... the main players are identified, but... when a novice like me can come up with hundreds of single shouldered points, most made from the same material, it's simply strange that there are no references to them in anything published in paper or on the net. Now, if I have just missed the information and someone is aware of it... please send it my way. i am in a constant state of searching for material on the subject and have quite a collection of books and articles, such as they are.
Anyway.... thanks again and stay safe.






