Starting to thin out my collection

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I recently decided to start selling off some of my collection. My grandsons have no interest in it at all so I may as well control how it is sold. I recently sold these, all are Florida items except 1 or 2. Not the best but some nice color & some are over 4 inches. Pics aren't the best I was too lazy to remove them from the frames.
20221205_190934.jpg
20221205_190955.jpg
20221205_190943.jpg
20221205_190950.jpg

Upvote 25

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a mighty tough thing to wrestle with in the mind. I don't have any relatives interested either. I had to sell my grandparents extensive collection several years ago for lack of space. They were the one's that started me out relic hunting when I was only 8.
I was more concerned about finding someone that would keep the collection intact than getting a good price. I found a fellow that convinced me that he would indeed keep it all together and claimed he had the means to even publicly display them.
Well, I sold them for a song. Two months later I started seeing them going on fleabay, bit by bit.
Ouch!

So now what? I've got 1000's of whole points, axes, pottery, etc.

I don't have children of my own, so I'm hoping my niece or nephews kids might take an interest at some point, but it's not looking good right now.

Oh, and I still love the hunt! Oye.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck. Nieces & Nephews will sell them for peanuts. If you're not into collecting they have little value to you. That's why I'm not leaving mine to relatives. I'll get a few $$ and enjoy it while I'm still able. 12 year old Whiskey isn't cheap!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread