State Quarters Series - some are valuable

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several

From 1999 to 2008, every state in the union was honored with its own state quarter.

Five a year for ten years, and then six bonus coins, for Washington, DC and the United States territories.

These coins can still be found in general circulation, and some of them are worth money. And unlike silver and gold coins, these state quarters are still being lost daily in your local parks and schoolyards.

The latest episode of the In the Treasure Corner podcast describes how the State Quarter series came to be, and tells you about a few of the coins that are worth much more than their face value.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

Last edited:
Which ones? Or is this an advertisement?

I recently bought 200$ in quarters, and found all 50 states, with 3 of the bonus ones... no silver though :(

Yes, all the state quarters are now worth 25 cents :headbang:

I know you'll mention that there were less minted on certain states, but unfortunately they too, will only be worth 25 cents :laughing7:

The first year ones are VERY valuable, but only if in unopened bank wrappers. Some of the later series were low mintages. If they are loose, you won't get much as they will be considered circulated. Best value is for in the MINT wrapper, in the mint shipping box.

Which ones? Or is this an advertisement?

The really valuable ones are the error coins. The Wisconsin quarter minted in Denver, for example, was minted in two varieties. The valuable one has an extra leaf on the left side of the corn stalk. Some of the Minnesota coins have an extra pine tree, etc.

Mint, mint, mint.. If I wanted mint I'd by Lifesaver's

Then again, I'm not into coin collecting; but I do spend them :tongue3:

Coins are like any other collectable, you have to find a buyer with the interest. Then they may have a value :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back