He-Be-GB

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2012
Crook County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I'd jump on and let you guys know how this week totals are going... Had a bunch of keepers to add to the pile yesterday..
This week totals goes as follows.. As mentioned before I'm not really computer savvy, so I don't have any pics.

Monday(Columbus day) No luck.. Bank that was supposed to have my two boxes was closed.. I figured they might be, went in on Tuesday to pick them up and put on a scene. The teller forgot to order my two boxes!!! Also made it seem as if she neglected to tell me they would be closed.. Just me trying to play on the tellers emotions to get what I want...

Tuesday- 2 boxes '66x2, '67, '68, '69x3

Wednesday- 2 boxes '64, 66, 67, 68x2

Thursday -2 boxes big hit.. someone's collection dump I'm guessing.
1st box Two Franklins '61, '63, 67x2, and 68
2nd box what I would consider a dream box since I've started doing this hard!!! Saw a commemorative George Washington Halve ender.. was hoping that this would be a really good box and it was.....
Total of 3 George Washington commemorative halves 250th birthday, 1892 and 1898 Barber halves, Franklins 43, 45, 51x2, 52x2, 53, 54, 56, 58 ,and 63. And finally the Kennedy's 64, 65x2, 67x11, 68x6, 69x2.
Sorry for doubting some of you guys.. I really thought some of you guys were bullkiddin' when you claim to get a box with so many half keepers.. I am now a believer of boxes that contain a lot of silver!!! Now time for lunch at work, so I can go to go pick up todays boxes, hee-hee.. Hopefully my luck for this week hasn't run out.. Also got plans for tommorrow to hunt at banks out of my normal territory since there is a conference I plan on stopping by tommorrow. Gonna try and clean out the banks in that area with the little time I have.. Have a good weekend all and good luck!!!

He-Be-GB

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any mint marks on the back of the barbers? Those in the right quality can be worth alot. I found an 1898 O in XF that I sold $100 last year. Congrats!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Gives the rest of us hope to keep hunting boxes.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoopie! Nice haul, 2 barbers in the same box? Beautiful!!!
Hope your luck continues, wish we could have pictures of the barbers, but I under stand you're not the best computer savvy person.
Happy hunting :)
Wickaboag

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Validation granted :icon_salut:

Welcome to the jackpot club, sir. Keep searching and maybe you will luck out again like that!

OP
OP
H

He-Be-GB

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2012
Crook County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New bank branch pick up did not have my two box order today.. Went to another to pick up 300 in halves.. Gotta take what I can get.. Gonna try and stop by a few more possibly after work to see if I can luck up.. Gonna dump all coins tommorrow far away from where I live... But I need boxes for tonite while I watch a lil tv... The boxes just keep calling me and calling me... Thanks for the congrats!!!

Paladin20603 I'm gonna look into numistatic value instead of melt.. I was already on it!!!!

Will work on becoming y2k compliant and learn how to post pics in due time.. I know you guys like the silver pron as much as I do!!!!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome boxes! How about some pics,eh? Nice work on the Barbers... I have searched over $250,000 in halves and have not found 1 yet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread