1958 ddo? I know,I know...but you gotta see it, LoL

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Guys, I've been sitting on this thing for months and I'm very skittish about asking and that's understandable too because It's a rare coin...I tried it once and was told i see what I want to see LoL And why don't i look for something that really exists but Gee..Wouldn't it be great to learn it does exist? ROFL This looks very close to me LoL I just don't see how it can't be the ddo......Sorry for the pix but when you have a cam older than you that happens so forgive me for the colors and etc.....What do you all think? Thank you for your time.... :icon_scratch:

https://plus.google.com/photos/1080...s/5795501282715185393?authkey=CN7MlsyepPS6vwE

Attachments

• CollagesTREASURENET.jpg
    CollagesTREASURENET.jpg
    799.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Collages-003TREASURE.jpg
    Collages-003TREASURE.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • 2012-10-0719treasure.jpg
    2012-10-0719treasure.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
OP
OP
WillFindItYet

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't know one if it hit me aside the head (a 1958 ddo that is - i'd know a dead chicken to the temple)
LoL Me either really but this is just too odd not to be something of the sort.....I've been holding my breath terrified to read replies because most people just laugh at you when you say a 1958 or 1969s? whewwwwww

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Yes.

The 1958 DDO is VERY prominent with quite a bit of space between the indents on the die. Even on a regular DDO you will see clear seperation. The "shelf" looking effect is a classic sign of machine doubling, and it's seen in quite a few places in your pics above.

In the first post, your last pic is the best. Try lowering the angle of the light and taking three or four clear shots as you rotate the coin. May make for some better pics. But just from that one shot alone, it's not THE one, unfortunately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WillFindItYet

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes.

The 1958 DDO is VERY prominent with quite a bit of space between the indents on the die. Even on a regular DDO you will see clear seperation. The "shelf" looking effect is a classic sign of machine doubling, and it's seen in quite a few places in your pics above.

In the first post, your last pic is the best. Try lowering the angle of the light and taking three or four clear shots as you rotate the coin. May make for some better pics. But just from that one shot alone, it's not THE one, unfortunately.

okie dokie,will try that now,LoL

OP
OP
WillFindItYet

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You Jeffro for helping me but most of all I want to thank you for being patient and understanding and not ripping my head off.....Sometimes it gets pretty cruel on boards and it makes me shy away from even asking anymore so you're one in a million,even if I am wrong it still means alot and I wanted you to know...Even if you say hell no that ain't it and call me a cow right after it, I still so much appreciate that you're kind about it...I have to charge my battery on my cam and won't post anymore till I can take much better pix, But right now your patience with me is worth more than a ddo anyday....I'll add pix soon when I get a gooden' LoL

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Jeffro for helping me but most of all I want to thank you for being patient and understanding and not ripping my head off.....Sometimes it gets pretty cruel on boards and it makes me shy away from even asking anymore so you're one in a million,even if I am wrong it still means alot and I wanted you to know...Even if you say hell no that ain't it and call me a cow right after it, I still so much appreciate that you're kind about it...I have to charge my battery on my cam and won't post anymore till I can take much better pix, But right now your patience with me is worth more than a ddo anyday....I'll add pix soon when I get a gooden' LoL

yep been there... fortunately there is always someone that pokes there head in and can tell you for sure whether or not you have what you think. IT never hurts to find out, many rare rare coins have been found and posted on this forum

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
Yes.

I agree it is MD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread