Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys and girls :tongue3: I finally got this section all completed, with a step by step guide with pictures showing you how to exactly set up and save two tone ferrous for your etrac. I really hope someone finds this info useful. The more I use this program the MORE I love it, it is an easy to use program and I have seen MANY of my friends pull silver and indians out directly under nails where their machine was a complete NULL while in conductive mode.

Please let me know if this looks ok, easy to understand and most of all if it is helpful!
here is the direct link to get you to the page
http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/minelab-etrac/

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya have a good site , I added it to my favorites :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
Ya have a good site , I added it to my favorites :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
thank you, was the article easy to understand? I want it easy enough that an etrac beginner could set this up just by reading this and looking at the pics

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
Excellent work on that article... props! I'm building this program as per this minute... I've tried fe 2 tone before and didn't much care for it but now I'm giving it another chance... haha, I'll see how it "goes"

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Your detailed explanation is very easy to read, and clear to understand. I am going to try it out tomorrow!

ducktrapper

Nov 24, 2009
NW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 with 10" coil, Garrett Pro-pointer.
Are there similar techniques one can use with the Minelab Safari? I'm trying to decide between Etrac and Safari for general coin hunting.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ducktrapper said:
Are there similar techniques one can use with the Minelab Safari? I'm trying to decide between Etrac and Safari for general coin hunting.
I am not familiar enough with the safari to answer that, I'd ask a minelab dealer they might be able to help

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
I love 2 tone ferrous!...I switch too that when I hear that long null and it works wonders! I love my E-trac!!!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G4E, I tried out your 2TF settings but wasn't sure about what I was hearing. Yes, lots of low tones, with high beeps but they seemed just like the MTC falses. not consistant high tones, etc. Are you only digging the solid, repeatable high tones or all high tones?

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
G4E, I tried out your 2TF settings but wasn't sure about what I was hearing. Yes, lots of low tones, with high beeps but they seemed just like the MTC falses. not consistant high tones, etc. Are you only digging the solid, repeatable high tones or all high tones?
well let me ask you this, how slow is your sweep speed? with TTF you gotta swing about half as fast as your normal hunt speed. The etrac will literally pick out a coin surrounded by nails in TTF, BUT ONLY if you go slow enough and listen for that high tone. If I am hunting a field site I dig ALL repeatable high tones, ALL of them!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is 4 seconds each way too fast?

They weren't really repeatable signals. More like the blips that you can get when hunting in "regular" mode.

I probably need to play with it more.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope 4 seconds per swing is a good speed. If you get a high tone mixed in with low tones, turn 45 degrees sweep it again, then turn another 45 degrees and re-sweep, if you keep getting a high tone mixed in.......DIG IT!

the etrac does not lie, if you disc out 01-01 thru 01-30 to minimize iron wrap around and your etrac gives you a high tone reapetable, there is SOMETHING non ferrous down there

F

Felinepeachy

Great article!! Actually, outstanding website!!!!!

Thanks for all your help for the newbie Etrac users. I know I really appreciate it and can't thank you enough. :headbang: :notworthy:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Great article!! Actually, outstanding website!!!!!

Thanks for all your help for the newbie Etrac users. I know I really appreciate it and can't thank you enough. :headbang: :notworthy:
thank you for the kind words! if there is anything at all you would like to see me add that may be helpful, please let me know!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes4ever said:
nope 4 seconds per swing is a good speed. If you get a high tone mixed in with low tones, turn 45 degrees sweep it again, then turn another 45 degrees and re-sweep, if you keep getting a high tone mixed in.......DIG IT!

the etrac does not lie, if you disc out 01-01 thru 01-30 to minimize iron wrap around and your etrac gives you a high tone reapetable, there is SOMETHING non ferrous down there

Thanks G4E, I'll use that setting some more and dig some of those to see what I find.

I know that virgin sites are almost impossible to find, and that the coins hidden in iron is the key to success today.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goes4ever said:
extractor said:
thank you, was the article easy to understand? I want it easy enough that an etrac beginner could set this up just by reading this and looking at the pics
Yes. It was easy to understand. You have put a lot of time into your site I've watched the videos, their great! I absolutely love using my E-track.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Bump..... for a great and helpful post!
thank you 4-H !

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Always been a "conduct" man myself,but have added your site to fav's and will try it out this spring. Hopefully i can convince my brain quickly that those low tones arn't the good tones that day! :laughing9:

Thank's for the detailed info. :icon_thumright:

RedEric

Mar 27, 2011
Goes4Ever - New here and recently got an E-trac and am trying various settings out. I'm been very interested in your TTF approach as I think it can defintely work well under some conditions as you and others have demonstrated (and possibly all the time for some users). Nice work!

I had a question. In some of my own air testing in TTF I find that if I place a rusty nail 3 or 4 inches away from a coin and sweep over the 2, the coin sound is lost to the lower tone iron. Specifiically I note that the FE reading gets modulated somewhere between 12 (coin) and 35 (nail)- often in the 20ish kind of area. Obviously this FE reading in TTF will sound as iron, not the coin. So if I switch over to 4 tone ferrous, I find that the 2 objects become clearly distinguishable, with the coin sounding off at a higher tone than the nail, albeit 1 tone 'down' from what it would register on the 12 line. I'd be interested in your thoughts and observations on this. To me it would seem that all the advantages of TTF remain with 4 tone, plus the ability to fish out 'iron-modulated' good targets in close proximity to each other.

Has anyone observed similar ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread