Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is good stuff! Thanks for the good information.

RedEric

Mar 27, 2011
Goes4ever

I certainly wasn't impying that TTF is not effective - clearly it is as your experience attests. And I also recognize the limitations of in air tests. But to me the observation that four tone gives me all the hits that TTF gives, plus gives a 'keeper' signal in some scenarios that TTF gives only the lowest iron tone (with a coin and iron in close proximity), is intriguing and worthy of some field tests for me. So I was just wondering based on your experience whether you had tried 4TF and what your thoughts were. I would imagine that it would be quite simple to work either if you are used to 1 since the only thing you have to remember for both is to ignore the (same) lowest FE tone and dig everything else.

Having said that, multi tone ferrous I find much more difficult to interpret and would not advocate that, but 4TF might have some advantages. Of course I happily defer to those with greater in the field experience of TTF vs 4TF.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried 4 tone and simply did not like it, when your in a HEAVY iron laden site, 2 tones really helps you pick out the coins, many times I can only wiggle the coil an inch back and forth to isolate the target, 4 tones just confuses the ears, with 2 tones it makes it simple.....and it works for me!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandnsea49 said:
Thank you so much for all your hard work. It's guys like you who make this hobby what it is. Willing to share your knowledge and time. Thank you again.
thank you! Its comments like yours that make it worth my time to try to help people out!

RedEric

Mar 27, 2011
Goes4ever said:
I tried 4 tone and simply did not like it, when your in a HEAVY iron laden site, 2 tones really helps you pick out the coins, many times I can only wiggle the coil an inch back and forth to isolate the target, 4 tones just confuses the ears, with 2 tones it makes it simple.....and it works for me!

Thanks Goes4ever. There is certainly no substitute for time in the field - thanks for your perspective. I'll try them both myself and see if my ears can tolerate the onslaught. Happy hunting!

Texcam

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Great article and thanks for taking the time to post it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread