Sterling and I got flipped the bird while detecting...AGAIN!!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks,

Sorry about the title, I couldn’t resist! I found a middle finger pendant earlier this year and found another middle finger item today.

98F8B658-6A46-4136-A2AF-57A496F60187.jpg

Got out with forum member NoThisIsPatrick for several hours this morning. Today was one of the wettest days of the year. Yesterday, Seattle received the most rain it has had in a single day in more than a decade. Pretty wild and it was still coming down when we got out there this morning. Good thing we both have waterproof machines.

Turns out, it was a good thing we got out today.

Here are my best finds:
DE6394EC-A726-48C2-B953-854CEEDD630F.jpg
AC1BDEA2-5EE7-448E-945B-0D4E0B80E97A.jpg

A sterling ring, 7 Wheats (oldest is a 25-S) and a Rainier Valley Railway Co transit token.

Here are some other doodads:
176DEF8C-F8B0-4515-8596-3B04B7605F8D.jpg
DCEAAAAA-7FA8-4179-B3BF-FD08C35D4E97.jpg

Hopefully I can get out one or two more times before 2019 comes to a close.

Merry Christmas y’all!
-W

Upvote 25
OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Thank you for the new pics ! No paint there my friend ! Your stone is absolutely legit ! That ring screams VINTAGE !! Righteous find , Get excited
Christmas came early for you .

Wow, how cool! Thank you for your help IDing it and your interest in general. I guess I never realized that stone isn't completely blue/green throughout.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that reminds me..,

This guy who lost an eye and wore an eye patch...

So anyway he is walking past a pet store that was having a sale...

He has lived alone for some time and thinks to himself that maybe owning a pet would give him some company...

So he goes in and after some talking about different types of companion pets he is standing next to a large parrot sitting out on a perch...

Just then the parrot says "hello"... and he says "oh that's cool.. it talks"... and the owners face lights up and says "oh yeah... HEY he is on sale and he would make the perfect pet for you"...

So after some thought and more talking he says "you know what... I like the bird... ill buy him"...

The store owner seems super happy about it and even throws in free food... a cage and everything that a bird would need for a year...

So... off he goes with the bird into his car and begins driving... when from the back seat the bird squawks " F U one eye"...

The guy immediately cant believe his ears and looks at the bird in the rear view mirror...

Just at that moment the bird again says "F U one eye"...

The guy... a little perturbed and beginning to think that perhaps he has made a too quick bad choice in pets says "he now little guy that's not nice to say"...

The bird squawks even louder "F U ONE EYE"...

The guy starts to slow the car and pull over to the side of the road... and says "hey bird stop saying that or else I am gonna take you back "...

The bird then begins to chant loudly over and over " F U ONE EYE... F U ONE EYE... F U ONE EYE !!"

The guy just looses it and jumps into the back seat with a napkin and ties the napkin over the birds beak,,,

The bird falls silent and just stares at him... he gets back in the front puts the car in drive and begins to turn around to go back to the pet store...

As he is driving he hears a muffled sound coming from the bird... so he looks into the rear view mirror...

And sees the bird...

One wing over one eye... and the other wing held up with its feathers in the shape of a middle finger.

:P

Last edited:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that ring is outstanding!! Great job Mr. Warshingtonian!! Have a great Christmas brother!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha that's amazing. True! It's great to be able to hunt here all year round :icon_thumright:

Thought you might be interested to see what we're dealing with here in the east. Yesterday afternoon I investigated/walked a new permission I have (without my detector) to see if I could make any eyeball finds now that the corn has been taken. I had my digging shovel with me, but the ground was frozen solid... it felt like I was bouncing a Pogo stick on concrete! :laughing7:

I can truly appreciate the soil conditions you have in the west, looks like I'm done detecting for at least the next four months. :BangHead:
Dave

Attachments

• 20191222_150504.jpg
    20191222_150504.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20191222_151055.jpg
    20191222_151055.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 33

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great ring! Cool to go Christmas shopping in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread