🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a lousy start to my morning (see coffee spill picture lol) I got permission to hit a house ive had my eye on for a while. The guy is rehabing the property and said go for it but he said that alot of it was filled in over the years, i figured id give it a shot anyway. I was pulling zincolns that were destroyed at 6", thus the fill :BangHead: i did manage about $4 in clad including (2) 2 quarter spills, a zincoln spill which is the picture on the red shirt(16 corroded zincs and a quarter at 4-5 inches) and also I snagged 5 wheats (all late 50s) and this cool antique baby birth record/teething ring marked " web sterling " on back. Plus a 1983 Hotwheels "speedseeker" only 1 owner, low miles but needs work:laughing7: Only had about an hr and a half due to rain, I got free reign on this property and will give it another shot next outing. Im managing a pretty good wheatie tally so far this year im at 56 and counting! Thanks for looking and HH!
coffee spill.jpg the digs.jpg the goods.JPG religous.jpg bell.jpg zincoln spill.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so great to feel like your the first person to ever run a coil over an area. The potential is soooo great!
And, it seems that you're already on track to some fine finds! These are a great start!

WTG

HH!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those old relics! wtg!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of wheats! You're on the right track. Good luck on the next hunt

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, yeah im the first one to hunt the area but its unfortunate that its been filled over, but i did find those wheats on the perimeter near a fence and clothesline pole so well see, maybe a slower approach will yield me some more, perhaps even a silver. I forgot to mention the religious looking thing, it has a hinge and opens up and the button/grommet things on the bottom of the one pic were from the cornfield ive been hunting. I went up because I got a call that its been plowed, wrong field though:BangHead: the one NEXT to my honeyhole was plowed, I couldnt waste a trip but the coil is hard to swing there now because bushes are growing where corn should be, hopefully next weekend its plowed HH!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sterling bell is awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread