Sterling Silver? Antique Pitcher? ID HELP

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Hit a couple of garage sales it seemed like this weekend was just all baby things. I seen a couple of Hong Kong tea cups with fancy decorations. I'm gonna do some research tonight if its good I will swing by and get them tomorrow. I found a sterling bowl its light and I did the scratch test after I bought it ( it was only a dollar). The bowl is soft I can squeeze with hardly any pressure. I bought two pitchers he wanted 12 for both, but knocked it down to 10. The wife liked it so if its nothing then I didn't get hurt. The picture pretty much explains it. I did some research and couldn't find anything. I know you guys know your stuff. Help me out if you can..

Attachments

• DSCN0403.JPG
    DSCN0403.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 560
  • DSCN0404.JPG
    DSCN0404.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 566
  • DSCN0405.JPG
    DSCN0405.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 567
I found some information about the bowl. What is sterling silver hollowware?

The pitcher "style" is Deruta. All of the Deruta styles have striped handles and weird patterns.

I'm very happy about the bowl. The pitchers I did about three hours of research. I found out that it is Cantagalli Italian Pottery "the cockerel" I posted it on another forum that has to do with Italian pottery. ITS FAKE a freaking Asian fake. They have replacements for the exact same pattern, but the handles were made wrong. Close so close. O well the wife likes so thats good with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back